MUNI vs. TRIALS vs. STREET vs. RACING

In my case, that’s mostly true. (-: It is probably the hardest to get good at. I don’t really have time to spend to become good at it…

Anyway, my favorite type is MUni/trials.

Learn 'em all, love 'em all. skill in every one of those categories makes you better at the other two. (sorry about the incoherence)

I’m prolly wrong but this is what I think. Trials in it’s raw form is getting from one are to another. Usually going over many obstacles in your path, some more difficult than others, to get there. Urban trials has sort of taken this out to a new level and people have just started playing around on things, it usually requires alot more hopping and pre hops and such.

Street is similar to urban trials, and done in similar places but includes more riding around than little hops. Not as many pre hops, so if you want to do street then you’ll have to learn rolling hops. I think the idea is getting it a little more fluent, but in doing so they don’t go over as tough obstacles.

Some of the tricks they do in street also requires some freestyle work to be done, dan heaton does like the seat drop and hop twists are sort of a freestyle move but then you take it and do them down like a 6 stair.

Then there are things they are purely street: Like grinding, shifties, 360 over a 6 set, rolling 180 off a drop. If you see someone riding trials and they 180 off their drop they’ll most likely do a few pre hops then do it, in street you would just roll up un do the 180 then roll out. This however requires a little more searching around for a better place to 180 off as you have to have a run up.

Ok then i will change mine to urban trials and natural trials i have never been on a proper job course. I don’t think freestyle is the hardest to get into at all. I think almost everyone starts off in freestyle really, 1 ft riding maybe a lame trick but its still freestyle right!
Ben

Dude, street all the way! My second favorite is muni.

Street will always rule!

I really enjoy trials and muni, I live for trials. If you just break it down and look at trials without a unicyclist point of view it is pretty amazing…pedal grabbing skinny upright posts…going big and gapping to rails…huge drops…etc…

-Sabin

I go with street and some muni and sometimes i do freestyle on my muni but mostly street.I dont think i would like dictance but it wuold be fun to go fast on a big wheel.

STREET!!SWEET!!

STREET

because you get an enormous rush of adrenaline. street is the most dangerous uni sect. cement is unforgiving unlike dirt and gym floors. pushing your abilities to the limit, often past their limit. street seperates the men from the boys, a friend of mine is better than I am in a gym, but when we venture out into the streets, he pusses out on the simplest stuff.

mike

Not on the list, but how about Adventure Unicycling/ Unitouring?

Followed (and related) closely by MUNi :stuck_out_tongue:

Ken

Street, I have to agree with Mike about it aswell. Hitting handrails is pretty deadly, and if you stack it… well you’ve seen Mike go down in Universe 2. Falling ack on concrete stairs would hurt alot.

street/trials are awesome just to go out and just give it. MUni is awesome on a good trail, and freestyle just plain is amazing for anyone who is good. I prefer riding trials and street cuz im pretty good at it. i can only wheel walk and 1 foot a bit. Im working on some crazy mounts.