Muni Racing!

Doug Call of the Four Corners Cup Mt Bike Series (www.4cornerscup.com) is welcoming muni riders in the Beginner Class for the final race in the series in Pagosa Springs, CO on Sunday Sept 22. Day of race registration is $30 and this is a USA Cycling event so count on an additional $5 for a one-day license for NORBA.
The course is described as “16 miles with little-climbing.” I haven’t ridden the course so it’s as much a mystery to me as anyone else. I’d love to have more munis than just me show up. It only takes one other person to make a race. The hope is to eventually get a unicycle class in the series for 2003 or 2004.
Additionally, a group of muni riders from Farmington, NM are planning to race the Road Apple Rally on October 5 (www.roadapplerally.com)
These races are pretty low-key and a good opportunity to show the two-wheelers the speed, skill, and athletic ability of muni riders. If you have questions contact me by e-mail (tommillermn@hotmail.com) or call Kokpelli Bike and Board, 970-565-4408

Too bad the race is the same weekend as the Muni weekend. Too bad.