Muni in the Salt lake Area??

well i sure do wish i had checked this thread more then once… sounds like i missed out! :frowning:

glad my thread got some people together though!:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the motivation…

Hey Manon,

Yep, you missed out, but I wanted to thank you for the motivation to get the group together for a mighty fun ride!

We had six riders of various abilities and had a blast in perfect (albeit warm) weather on dry trails. Yeayyyyyyyyy!

We need to do this again soon.

Next time, dude…

Cheers,

UPD in Utah

For the drive to Utah. Up until a couple of months ago we never paid for gas. It was a perk my husband had with his job. Now the gas card is gone and I feel the pain of paying at the pump :(. He also had a salary decrease and chopped benefits. Good thing I already have a bunch of unicycles.

Hey Manon1wheel -

How long are you in town? The SLUP crew usually rides trials on Sunday afternoons. It’s raining today, but there might be some riding next weekend if you’re still here. Riders in that group who are on the forums are: CirkusPandemonium, Unicyclerman, and ColbySalsbery

UPD in Utah - are you going to post pictures from yesterday’s ride?

PHOTOS of SLUGG Ride, May 7, 2011.

Last Saturday’s SLUGG (Salt Lake Uni Gals & Guys) ride was great fun. There were 6 of us, including a family of 4 from Park City who came down to take advantage of our somewhat drier trails in the Salt Lake Foothills. We rode the trails above University of Utah’s Research Park, and “This Is The Place” Monument.

The 1st photo is of the whole group. From left to right it’s me, Bert (a.k.a. “UPD in Utah”); Anthony (“ascbeerman;” a.k.a. Dad); Karin (a.k.a. Mom); Katiana (a.k.a. Daughter Kati); Ralf (a.k.a. Son Ralfie); and Tom (a.k.a. “tmoyer”). The 2nd photo is of Kati leading her Dad & Mom up the trail. The 3rd is of Karin. The 4th, Anthony. The 5th, stick 'em up Ralf. The 6th, Kati & Karin cruising some sweet singletrack. The 7th, Tom chasing Anthony. The 8th, UPD pointing the way home (?). The 9th, back to the barn (i.e., parking lot). Sorry I didn’t get any good shots of the more technical sections – next time.

Meanwhile, thanks everyone for coming out. I’ll start working on the group “re-mailer” for announcing future gatherings…

Cheers,

UPD in Utah

(Bert)

Group Shot.jpg

Kati Leading the Way.jpg

Anthony.jpg

Tom Chasing Anthony.jpg

Swwweeeet! I missed out on this one but I will definitely make one soon. I like the SLUGG name :slight_smile:

Thanks for making it happen UPD (and for the motivation manon1)

From far away

When I see your pics I remember a very good ride in SLC with very good company.
I wish much fun and rides to all of you
(My trip with UPD in english)

bump…

Might as well bump all the Utah/SLC threads up to grab attention of new riders in the area.

Stay tuned for group Muni ride plans (once the heatwave breaks).

Cheers,

UPD in Utah

Hey Bert!

I’ll be watching for the group plans. We need to get together and ride. I have a job interview Friday, but hopefully even if I get hired we can figure something out sometime. Gimme a call if you ever do wanna try and ride somewhere.

If anyone here is in the Ogden area, I can usually ride barring unforseen circumstances or family conflicts (sorry Kaycee). I can’t usually make it down to SLC because of the drive, but Bountiful area is probably doable. Headed up to Trappers Loop tomorrow on a mid-mountain 36er adventure…

(It is sweltering out there.)

Thanks!

Killian, I picked up a second-hand 36" yesterday. Wow! What a blast! This thing is so fun to ride. And I just keep staring at this wheel, hardly believing how huge it looks, especially next to my daughter’s 12" (see pic). :slight_smile:

I’m probably not up for a causeway or island ride just yet, due to the frequency of UPD and because I don’t have a brake or handlebars yet, but maybe we can meet up sometime and you can give me some pointers on how to tame this monster.

Also, you’re welcome to ride the 4th of July parade with us in Kaysville. I think we have about 9 riders or so and we’d love to have more. Normally, I’d say the more the merrier, but with this heatwave I should say the more the miserabler. :slight_smile:

I actually thought about making it out to the parade, but I gotta do a family thing :roll_eyes: so unfortunately can’t do it.

As soon as I saw you had the 36er my mind went ‘we need to ride’. Get comfortable on that baby and we can spin out to the island or something like that. I’ve got a season pass to Antelope and a causeway pass, so if you’re ever game, we can get in for free. I’m riding Trappers Loop tomorrow.

I think you’ll find the learning curve is short. UPD’s will go away quickly and you’ll be having a ball!

Congrats on the new ride!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Good luck on Trapper’s Loop tomorrow!

Doh! You’re the one ho beat me to it. I called just a few hours after it was posted, thinking I was golden - how many people would even know what that was, let alone want one, after all? II was crushed when he said it had been sold already. Glad it went to a serious rider, and not just someone on a lark who will never really ride it!:slight_smile:

I’ll keep an eye on this thread, though. Would love to meet up for a ride. It’ll have to be something pretty easy if I’m to participate, though. I’m just feeling comfortable on the flat trails/road up at the top of I street in SLC.

Sorry you were crushed, uber. I have been checking the KSL classifieds nearly every day for about two years now and had never seen a 36". In fact, I’ve never seen anything bigger than a 24". This was truly a lucky find.

You were just faster than I. I’ve been watching daily for a trials uni to pop up, and decided that would be the day I’d be good and not check while I was at work. Bad choice! Oh, well. It really does make it better that someone else who really wanted a 36er got it. I’ll just have to save my pennies.

Did you snag the giraffe he had too? I have no aspirations in that direction, but someone picked up a sweet deal there as well.

Yes, I snatched the giraffe, too. My daughter has been riding my giraffe lately a lot more than I have, so I thought it would fun to get a second one so we can ride together. If we can both free mount by next summer, maybe we’ll try riding them in a parade.

I’ll send you a pm and we can exchange phone numbers. If I ever see a trials uni for sale, I’ll let you know.