MUni all day, “INNER BALANCE” release party all night, April 21st, Long Island N.Y.

oh, that’s good!

Ride Update:

This will be one action packed day!

There is a Jamis bike demo going on at the same time and place as our ride.

Jamis will be bringing out their demo truck loaded with goodies for people to demo in the trails as well as on the road.

Otherwise, it will be a great opportunity for us to show all the mountain bikers just what fun on ONE is all about!

Link w/ more info:
http://www.climbonline.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=lbs;action=display;num=1175977900;start=0#0

We’ve got riders already registered from all over (NY, NJ, CONN, VT, RI, PA, CAN and more)

Adam

is that jamis thing going to interfere with our riding?

those trails are capable of a lot of traffic, it can do nothing but good things for us, them having it there, good stuff :slight_smile:

Oh Yeah!
GOOD STUFF!!

What about this?
Are they different events? Have the plans been changed?

Same event, just in two parts.
We added an action packed MUni ride that day prior to the “INNER BALANCE” release party. The party is still set for 5pm that night.
We have people registered from all around the country.

Join us for the MUni ride as well. We have great trails no matter what skill level you ride.

Adam

I still don’t know what to ride. Coker or MUni. I’m a bit out of shape. And out of practice with MUni. There are two groups? What are the trails like?

If I ride the Coker, I’ll need smooth trails. But if I ride the MUni and it’s not technical enough, I’ll get bored. But if it’s too technical, I’ll fall over. I mean, I’ll fall behind the group. I’m not very good at MUni, but I don’t totally stink either. I think I can handle moderately technical trails. But I run out of steam fast on the uphills.

Sorry. I just don’t know what to do.

Adam has asked me to guide the more casual group of riders through the trails. It will still be a nice technical ride, just at a slower pace. The Coker is great in the trails, but it has some drawbacks too. I get pretty tired on it. The MUni gives you more options to play around. Just my 2 cents. I do like both for different reasons.

This is going to be a FANTASTIC event. I can’t wait.

Thanks. That’s what I needed to know. It will be my first time on a MUni since the summer.

What a day it will be!

Their forecasting upper 50’s to low 60’s for Saturday’s ride, Perfect!!

WOO HOO! Should prove to be a very exciting day. Looking forward to it.

i wish i could ride so bad. but i cant so my mom and gf afe comeing to keep me company / take photos

oh, my god

I just realized this thing starts at 9:00 AM!!!

I calculated when I have to get up in order to safely be there in time. Which leads me to the question…

Why so early? That’s a full eight hours before the party. Will there be socializing before the ride? What if I’m late? When does the ride actually begin?

I don’t want to be late because Brian is going to ride my Coker. But I don’t do mornings well. Brian, I hope it’s not necessary, but you should have a backup ride, because there’s a small chance you may just see me at the party.

MapQuest says it’s an hour and a half drive. So if I’m conservative, I estimate two hours driving (there’s no traffic in THIS part of the country, right?). If I reserve a half hour for getting lost, that means I have to leave at 6:30 AM. I would have to get up at 5:30 AM. And I would have to go to sleep no later than 9:30 PM the night before, which isn’t likely to happen, even if I avoid caffeine all day. I can take out the safety margin, but only if the ride doesn’t leave right at 9:00 AM.

No matter how I run my calculations, I get the same result… this damn thing is too early in the morning!

I’m pretty sure there’s a coffee-bagel time and the ride doesn’t get going until 10ish. Adam, please chime in here!

Oh, and Dave, I’m coming down that morning from Albany, 3 hrs away, so as to your paltry 1.5 hours from Jersey, dial 1-800-Waah!

I’m leaving tonight :angry:

Yebbut, you’re going via Helsinki or some such, aren’t you?

no, that was supposed to be today, but leeanne’s schedule got changed and she had to work, so we are just coming to NY

i’m actually not sure if we’re leaving tonight or tomorrow morning now

I’m not whining. I’m just being realistic. My energy levels have been low lately. And I don’t do mornings well. And I’m getting over the flu. I’m not exactly at my best, right at the moment.

I’m looking forward to meeting you. I wonder if Billy is going to be there. We can continue our usual “discussions”. :slight_smile:

Stop whining about your ten hour drive, eh?