Mounting brackets

I agree with Roger. The setup time and material costs are significant. $10 is cheap. I had looked into bearing holders for a frame I was going to weld together, and just bought two sets from UDC.

I’d suggest making brackets out of the 10’ piece of $10 rebar if you are looking into saving money, but you are going to have a heck of a time doing it. If you do end up doing it, let us know!

corbin

Dont underestimate Phil. His love is working with metal. He is no where close to being a newbie when it comes to welding and all of that stuff.

:slight_smile:

Phil,

I don’t mean to be negative to you, but if you think it is that simple, then do it!

I will be impressed if you can find a lathe that can make bearing housings by them selves. They can machine a fancy ring, no problem. That would be just as easy on a hand lathe, that is the easy part. It is everything else that takes the time.

If you would like I will get a quote from my next door neighbour for producing them on his CNC machines. It will be interesting. :slight_smile:

Roger

Even if its the easy part that is fine… I am pretty darn certain that in trying to weld on the (even the Nimbus ones ) brackets, i will burn through them. The materia i intend to use as the frame is very decently thick.

so to restate my original question…

Is there anyone that would be willing to work with me to make some burley brackets, you should let me know… thanks

and if noone is really out there that wants to try and work with me i guess i’ll have to settle with the udc’s