mountain mayhem 24 hour (UK) / Red Bull / SSMM

Hi all,

just to point out that the entry forms are out for this years mountain mayhem/red bull/saab salomon or whatever race. I’ve discovered I can’t make it this year, but people wanting to go, you’d better sort out the entry soonish.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1282

Joe

I have been trying to call Patrick, will try harder and make sure we can get an entry extension. :slight_smile:

Email me if you want to be in a team.

Roger

i have already emailed you but dont forget to include me!!

Des

I wish I was old enough :frowning:
Are people riding 26’s or 29er’s this year?
aaron

Sorry aaron, this is for the big boys (with big toys). Last year there was a split between Cokers & 29’s. I opted for the Coker and got on fine. This year it’s a new venue, which has a lot more ups & downs, so I’ll be riding a 29". Still be bloomin’ hard though. Hey, even you would struggle on those hills!!

Just think of all that time you’ll have to train before you’re 18 (oh, years & years).

See ya at the BUC.

Steve :p:p:p:p

i will still ride coker

cant wait!!!

Confirmed places on the 3 teams (MAX) are as follows:

Roger davies
Mike Fule
Chris Dobbie
Nathan Hoover
Scot Cooper
Mark Wiggins
Steve Colligan
Deadly Des
Leo White
Joe McLean
Steve Robertson

There’s one spare place if you’re a guy, plus reserve places available.

There’s 3 spare places for you girlies (one for each team).

First to email myself will get the places. Roger’s disappearing to Taiwan tomorrow, so please do NOT email him. I’ve also been informed that this event is over subscribed and I’m to send off the entry forms over the next few days. So please do not delay. I also need address, date of birth & email address off everyone that is taking part. We’ll get your signatures later as our entry forms will be accepted without them for the moment.

My email address:

steve.colligan@ntlworld.com

Please note that I’m just about to leave for a weekend break, so will check my email’s sunday evening. Hope that covers everything for the moment.

Steve :roll_eyes:

True, although not that many years, 3 more to go but hopefully it’ll be a 24" job when I’m old enough.
aaron

The latest confirmed places on the 3 teams are as follows:

Roger davies
Alan Chambers
Chris Dobbie
Nathan Hoover
Scot Cooper
Mark Wiggins
Steve Colligan
Deadly Des
Leo White
Joe McLean
Steve Robertson

There’s still one spare place if you’re a guy, plus reserve places available.

There’s 3 spare places for you girlies (one for each team).

First to email myself will get the places. Roger’s disappeared to Taiwan, so please do NOT email him. I’ve also been informed that this event is over subscribed and I’m to send off the entry forms over the next few days. So please do not delay. I also need address, date of birth & email address off everyone that is taking part. We’ll get your signatures later as our entry forms will be accepted without them for the moment.

My email address:

steve.colligan@ntlworld.com

Don’t forget to send me your address & date of birth (all the ones confirmed above), unless you’ve just emailed it to me over the weekend

Thanks,
Steve

p.s. I’ll email you all soon with more details.

Come on guys!

Are you all wimps or what? You’ve now got the chance to get some real unicycle street cred by taking part in this years Red Bull (26/27 June). We’re in teams of 4, each doing a 10 mile lap before handing over to the next guy. Yes, you just keep doing that for 24 hours. Souds easy dosen’t it? It really is a fantastic weekend.

We still need that 12th rider to make up the 3 teams. We also need reserves.

http://www.ssmm.co.uk/

Please email me ASAP as we really do need to get these entry forms off tomorrow.

Email me at: steve.colligan@ntlworld.com

You certaily won’t reget it. It’s an absolutely fabulous weekend.

Steve

I was considering it (despite feeling a little outclassed by that list of riders). Unfortunately I’m booked up for that weekend.

Nick

Come on people!
its such a great event, it was my first go last year and have been looking forward to this all year.
its great.

i will have another word with gemma and see if i can convince her.

nick you up for a ride sometime soon?

Des

<ponders about what I have let myself in for…> :slight_smile:

Phil

You’ll be fine Phil. It’s a chance to ride hard and fast and annoy some MTBers by being a good as they are.
If you want to borrow a 29er drop us a mail or text.

Want to go ride muni some time soon?

Sarah

I’ve had a slight urge to add a larger wheeled craft to the herd for a while, so I think this may be a good excuse. Once more unto unicycle.uk.com, to investigate 29ers…

I’m always up for a muni ride somewhere! There are lots of places I’ve been meaning to try out, such as Dartmoor and the Quantocks, but haven’t yet got around to.

I keep toying with the idea of trying to organise a bit of a ride at my preferred local riding spot, Ham Hill country park, near Montacute. There’s something for everyone; disused quarries and downhill tracks for acquiring battlescars and a decent length of singletrack. I’ll try to get some photos of the place to see if it tickles anyone’s fancy…

Phil