Most laughable CL ads

It’s the new KH Fusion -1 (less than zero) saddle with custom ironwood handles.

uhm how do you steer that Super Cycle?

The front wheels are like a skateboard, so you can steer by leaning.

$400 for KH Unicycle… from 2004?

$400 for KH Unicycle… from 2004??

I have contacted him and he will go as low as $300 though.

I also posted this on another thread.

Just FYI, that looks exactly like an old Summit uni a friend of mine bought a while back for $50. Except the Summit is orange. It’s a tank, which is both good and bad. Heavy and indestructible. I wouldn’t pay more than $50 for it. Maybe $75. Just my opinion.

I’m guessing it had some padding on there once upon a time. With some not-so-thick padding, that would be similar to a lot of seats on professional circus performer unicycles. They keep you on the seat, but with no luxury at all. :astonished:

It’s from Japan, and from the 70s. Much higher-class than the Taiwanese lollipop models that came in the 80s-90s. I have a couple of examples, one is branded Oxford (matches the bearing caps) and the other is labeled Pro (same crown with brass cap).

Like Lance said, make him an offer that you’re willing to pay. You might get a very solid, super-strong uni at a reasonable price! And you’ll probably never break it unless you like to be very hard on your equipment and go big!

I did, I offered $100. He said he wouldn’t sell it for less than 300.

Well I think he’ll just keep it forever then… :smiley:

Yup, there are a lot of sellers out there who think they’re being low-balled when they are actually being made a fair offer. They would rather keep something forever than not get a crazy amount for it.

Another owner of a beat up rusty old KH wanting New World money for Old World technology
http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/cycling/other-bikes/auction-1320090134.htm

Handstand Unicycle - $300

"This is a unique, one-of-a-kind (maybe first of it’s kind) Handstand Unicycle, complete with carbon fork, Weinmann wheel, traditional handlbars and sidewall er… tire. Origin8 stem ensured a shimmy-free ride as you wheel your way through town, everyone will say, you are mighty grand! Requires virtually no maintenance. Purchaser assumes all risk in use of this product. "

That’s the best part of the ad!!! :smiley:

Is there Even a way to pedal that Thing?

While balancing on your hands, lower your head until it touches the tyre and push it along like wheel walking.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/bik/d/all-original-1930s-columbia/6254570563.html

“All original 1930s Columbia Unicycle! - $200”

I will defer to johnfoss to tell us if Columbia was building unicycles in the 1930’s. The rail-mounted “Swift” seat looks painful enough to be 80 years old. Interesting bearing holders; not lollipops. Those cottered cranks better be made of gold if it’s worth $200.

They’re only off by 30 years. The Columbia should be 1960’s.

I don’t know how far back Columbia unicycles go, but probably no further than the 1950s. Note the one in the Minnesota ad has some differences from Jim T’s 1960’s one. I have what is probably a 70’s one, and it has a few differences as well. So the Minnesota one might go back as far as the 50s. And that evil seat is most likely original! :astonished:

As to how much a truly antique unicycle is worth, that’s up to the buyer of course. There still isn’t really a “market” for vintage unicycles; too few collectors. Columbia is interesting as America’s oldest bicycle company, and the older it is, the more likely all of the components were made in the USA, unlike almost every other unicycle ever mass produced.

Laughable, but fairly priced!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/bik/d/two-unicycles/6299436621.html