more 29er Muni

Probably an obvious observation, but for muni, 20 is great for technical, but forces you to hop more. And 29 rolls over everything, but isnt great for big drops and trials-like hopping. 24 is in between and pretty good at everything, but its interesting to try both bigger and smaller wheels.
I imagine on the 29 you can do things that are just not possible on a 20 and it would be neat to see more of that.

The 24 is great fun on steep, droppy stuff, but feels really slow on everything else after the 29. I keep pushing my envelope on both, but there are still things that I am scared to try on the 29 that I do on the 24 easily, and there are things I am scared to try on the 24 :smiley:

Wow, seems like there is a big surge of interest in 29er muni all of a sudden. Love it!

Yah. That “surge” is getting me really excited about getting mine. Hopefully i’ll love it as I’ve been getting a little bit bored with trials. If not, I’ll have a nice unicycle to ride with slow bikers! Also I think it would pwn the local single track!

24 tech DH is great fun, but going fast on moderate technical terrain is a thrill that is really catching on!

Yah. Sadly i don’t have hardly any of that here. Just lots of XC, and most of that isn’t great.

I know what you mean. I used to live in Orlando, and did some mountain biking. The real fun on Florida trails is going fast on a curvy trail through the woods. A 36 would probably be a blast. The trails here are generally too rough to be much fun on a 36. If you can’t afford a 36, a 29 with shorter cranks would be fun too!