Memorial Service

One of our 14 year old members, David Pfeiffer, was tragically killed in a train accident on January 10. http://www.enterprisenewspapers.com/index.cfm?action=story&storyid=200311612305674 . The family requested performances from his unicycle group and martial arts group at the reception following the memorial service.

We had over 20 of the Uniques Unicycle Club of Washington show up for the memorial service. The very large Catholic church was completely filled with family and friends, it was truely a celebration of life. The testimonial time alone took over 45 minutes, after which the priest commented that based on the amount of people he touched he may be up for cannonization as the patron saint of unicycling.

Our club director noted that, quite by accident, our unicycles ended up in the “missing man” formation as they lied ready for the performance.

Its a tough way do the first performance of 2003 but definitely the most rewarding.

missingmanreduced2.jpg

that’s really nice.

I’m sure he was looking down and smiling

Did you practice a uni-routine in particular? Or was it a big group ride?

I will dedicate my next ride to David, let’s all do the same!

Here, here! I feel more than a bit cheeted, having never had the pleasure of meeting the lad. It’s a wonderfull thing that his memory could unite his friends in love.

-C

We did our stage show in the parish hall. It was “a capella” (no boom box) in which we showcase parade skills, a variety of mounts, standard skills, jump rope, juggling, cigar box routine, devil sticks, specialty unis: giraffes, Coker & 16" tall uni, show off the 5 & 6 yr olds , etc. The performance area was not even 30’x20’ so parade skills were tight, my figure 8’s on the Coker were even tighter.

The family lives only a couple blocks away so several rode their uni’s to the open house after the reception.

We received an off-list offer from John at Uni.com to donate a Stealth in David’s memory. The club will use it as a trainer so newbies can “borrow” David’s new Stealth. Thank you, John.

So sweet that your group could uni for David.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Erin

>it was truly a celebration of life.

that is so kewl.

>Our club director noted that, quite by accident, our unicycles ended up in the “missing man” formation as they lied ready for the performance.

the ‘missing man’ allways gets to me

thanx for sharing this with us

Sorry for you loss, UniBrier. Sounds like he was a great guy, and I’m sorry I never got a chance to meet him. I will also dedicate my next ride to him. (I hope he liked snow and skinny tires :roll_eyes: )