Manifesto, or not?

Here’s a question about manifesto riding.

I’ll just use two picnic tables as an example, with a simple up and gap scenario.

So, here’s the scene. There are two picnic tables lined up in a row, with say a 5 foot space in between. You hop up strait to the top of one picnic table. The table is to short for you to pedal one rotation to the other side, so you hop to the other side. Then you gap to the other table, then off. This whole line is done with no setup or recovery hops.

Now for my question. Since you hopped from where you landed on the up to the other end of the picnic table, is this still manifesto? Or is it considered a recovery hop?

There’s your answer.

not to be a stickler…but manifesto was ryan leech’s movie title for his movie (indeed, a movie based on his own manifesto) where he didn’t do any setup or prehops.

your manifesto can be what you want it to be…here’s what dictionary.com says:

manifesto

1644, from It. manifesto “public declaration explaining past actions and announcing the motive for forthcoming ones,” originally “proof,” from L. manifestus (see manifest).

what i mean, is that Adam Cohen’s manifesto would be something along the lines of 'Ride big wheels fast and with great manoeuvrability in order to showcase to the public that unicycling isn’t merely bouncing around.

…just sayin…

What I’m asking is whether the hop to the other side of the table would be considered a recovery hop.

B.M.- Good point. I never thought of it that way.

I don’t think it is. if you can’t get there, you can’t get there.
if it isn’t possible to do the line without that hop, it isn’t a “setup” hop.