Magura hs33 rim brakes with mounts

Magura rim brakes for sale with modified bike mounts. I bought a used set from a bike and used the front set, selling the rear. I filled in the oversized hole in the mount and milled a slot for the 10-32 mounting screws (included). The tubing was cut to get these off the bike so you will need to trim the tube to the desired length, install the barb fitting (included) and refill with oil. Local bike shop could do this for you. See pics of installed set. Price $40 plus $15 for shipping.

hey I have an older Nimbus 29" with the rim mount brackets. These should bolt right on ? What was modified on these brakes ? Thanks.

Shaun Green Tulsa OK

Yes, it would bolt right on. The bike brakes I bought have one long oversized hole and a regular hole. Rather than spend $20 or so on the preferred mount, I filled in the oversized hole and redrilled it. I had no issues mounting it on my nimbus 24” and have a nimbus 29” frame also with the same spacing. If you don’t like how it fits you can always order the other mounts or I can refund. Just don’t need two brakes and trying to find a home for the extra one.

WelI I would prefer to find and buy the right mounting brackets for it but I don’t think that is possible anymore ? Do you know where those brackets can be purchased ? If I could find the right brackets then I would purchase your brackets because again these can not be found anywhere ? Or maybe just buy the newer ones ? But they are not cheap.

Thanks for your help on this,

Shaun Tulsa OK

No problem. Here is a link to the better bracket. These were plan B for me if modifying the mounts that came with the brakes did not work. NOS Magura 4 Bolt Hydraulic Rim Brake Clamps Monty Trails Bike HS11 HS22 HS33 | eBay

Hey thanks very much for all your infornation. I looked into new ones as well and they are around 75.00 now and with the 55 for yours and 26 for the brackets I’d be at 81.00. So might as well go the route. Thanks very much though. I appreciate all your help.

Shaun

No problem! Glad you found some.