Magura HS22 brakes for heavy duty off-road use, $85 per wheel

Magura HS22 brakes with aftermarket CNC’d Alloy Altek lever, in Kris Holm Blue or Black/silver

I have a bucket full of smashed/broken HS33 lever bodies here and its easily the most fragile part on your MUNI. If you have trouble with hard UPDs breaking the lever bodies on the 2005-2010 HS33 brakes - or breaking the fragile TPA (the red knob) adjustment parts, I have been trying out a more burly Hydraulic rim brake lever lately that takes harder hits and more abuse. I made up a few of them to sell here.

These brakes are stronger than any of the HS33s, has no TPA to break and has exactly the same lever reach and length as the 2004 HS33 levers. (The first few photos show the size and reach comparison with a grey Magura 2004 HS33 quicksilver lever shown in the photos)

This is a simple set-up, really just a lever blade swap: I removed the annoyingly long lever blade that came standard on these lightly used HS22 levers and replaced them with hard-to-find aftermarket CNC’d Altek alloy lever blades. Note: The Altek lever blade is very strong, but is NOT Spooner compatible unless you file down the end of the lever blade. I replaced any worn parts with new and I also replaced the horrible Magura aluminum lever pinchbolt with a stainless steel bolt so you won’t have to worry about the aluminum bolt breaking off in the lever body. You get a choice of black or silver Altek levers. I can also help you calculate the brake line length you need for your unicycle.

• The blue brakes are an exact color match with Kris Holm Blue and come with stainless braided brake lines and crossovers and wet weather brake pads.
  • The black brake comes paired with polished aluminum slave cylinders and wet weather pads. I also have this same heavy duty HS22 brake set up in red, day-glo yellow, schoolbus yellow, grey and polished aluminum.

$85/per wheel

This brake will fit on any Kris Holm unicycle: 20, 24, 29 and 36 or any brand of unicycle (Hunter, Nimbus, etc) that comes with dedicated four-bolt Magura mounts that look like this: http://www.trialtech.co.uk/images/L_...HS33mounts.jpg
You will need Magura four bolt mounts like this (I have a few sets of these too): http://www.trials-uk.co.uk/files/eco...image-1804.jpg
You will also need a place to mount your brake lever under the saddle like this: http://www.krisholm.com/khu/brackets

PAYMENT AND SHIPPING:
Paypal works best for me, but money orders are also ok. My paypal address is: uniflasher@hotmail.com. Shipping will be $5 for USPS Priority Mail shipping in the US (2-3 days) and $10 for first class shipping to Canada (7-9 days). I ship the day after I receive funds.

BLEEDING / TESTING:
I flush and bleed all brakes with fresh Magura blue blood before I test, pack and ship your brake. Bleeding hydraulic brakes is messy and no fun - and so you won’t have to deal with fluid leaks, after I assemble and bleed them with fresh Magura blue blood, I test them all for leaks by putting the wheel cylinders into a custom test jig that I made. There, I’ll cycle the brake pistons under full power to check for proper function and leaks without having to bolt them up to a unicycle frame.

MORE BRAKES AND PARTS:
E-mail me if you want something different or digital pictures of something in particular. I also have a good selection of less expensive nice used HS33 and HS22 brakes and several of my HS33/HS22 hybrid “franken-brakes” for 36” wheels too.

BTW, I also have these available separately:
Magura rim brake bleed kits are $22

Cheers,
Brycer1968
503-358-2252
uniflasher@hotmail.com

IMG_5389.jpg