MAgura brakes

Hello I was looking on ebay for a magura break set… do I abosolutely need the hs22 or the hs11 or the hs33 will work as well on a unicycle ?

brakes-
useless
pointless
stupid

unles there on a coker

i made that mistake.
you still have to back pedal just as much as normal, but now its just so you dont endo

well it’s for Muning… you seriously think they are pointless ?

i bought them for my onza muni and befor i had to put presure on the back crank to slow down, now i have to do the same to keep me from going over the top. unless your doing extreamly steep grades i would not recomend them

alright thanks alot

I disagree, they take getting used to, but they can seriously take the grind out of back pedalling hard down steep hills. The guys I know who ride with brakes don’t break a sweat when the rest of us are working extremley hard to control our speed. I don’t think they let you do anything that you can’t do without them, but they do save your legs. Incidentally i go without, they don’t seeem worth the cost as I’d have to upgrade my frame aswell, but alot of serious Muni riders use them.

Brakes are a HUGE asset for steep Muni. 11’s 22’s or 33’s are all fine. 33’s are the best cause of the quick adjust.

The guys with brakes seem to be able to ride down hill faster than the ones without.

Dave

Yeah, I went on a very gnarly northshore ride with THE dave once, he had brakes and I didnt, I was flying down the hill out of control And highspeed UPDing, he was in control and safe.

The only time I’ve felt like I needed brakes was when cycling down an actual mountain. It was really the day after that I felt I needed them.

2hrs walking up the bugger, 10 minutes to come back down, 3 days for my legs to stop being stiff.

What a ten minutes tho! And Pebbles did it on his KH20 !!! His legs were stiff at the bottom, mine took til next morning.

Upon waking that day my mind said “Ow, stiff legs… Aahhhh, so that’s what unicycle brakes are for…”

Before that realisation I genuinely thought folk just had them to make the uni’s look more serious. And so that you can say “here” and point when idiots shout “where’s your brakes”

So unless you’re gonna do serious hardcore downhilling, a brake is not worth the money.

T.

alright thank you all. So hs 11’s 22’s and 33’s fit…why do udc ony sell the 22’s tho ?

**33’s sry

yes brakes help out alot, and i dont know what ur talkin bout with the endo thing unicyclist ben but just grab some brake and lean back and you can go down anything.

Ther’s things i could not go down without brakes simply because i dont have enouph weight or strength pushing down on the crank to keep me from cruising down hill, with breaks its easy to do everything.

But yea you can go down most things without breaks. If i had to do it again i probably wouldn’t get brakes.(and it was a close decision about getting brakes again or not getting brakes again)

Max, as the 33 is an evolution of the 22, and the 22 was an evolution of the 11 I would guess that Magura only sell the 33s,as they are the most recent model, so those are the only ones UDC can get. Obviously the others are still available second hand on ebay and the like.

oohh alright thanks alot

I will have to disagree with you completley as well. i have them on my 05 muni and man they help me so much on the north shore especially when landing on steap trannys. So yes They are very usefull the also help you to slow down when ripping though technical areas. Also something to watch out for is the stock hydro cables have a tendancy to crack or snap where they are fitted on to the brake so get steel covered cables as soon as possible

king- magura hs 33’s,22’s and 11’s all have new models, none came after each other. hs 11’ss are lightest strongerst, and have better modulation. hs 22’s are the intermediate 1. and hs33, are the heavyist and worst performing, but still better than any cable using break.

Also no more giving bad rep points just because you dissagree with someones opinion. :angry:

unicyclistben my apologies, i stand corrected, i was merely hypothesising. It may well be the way in which you express your opinions, rather than your opinions themselves, which has apparently gained you bad rep in this thread.

do you just make this stuf up? Kington you are rite. The 33’s came after the 22’s and so on. When i broke the lever on my on my hs 11’s on my trials bike magora could not just send me another 11 lever because they are nolonger made. you can only get the old and new style hs 33’s now. However the old 33’s are geting harder to find because they nolonger make them and dealers are just selling there old stock.

do you just make this stuf up? Kington you are rite. The 33’s came after the 22’s and so on. When i broke the lever on my on my hs 11’s (trials bike) magora could not just send me another 11 lever because they are nolonger made. you can only get the old and new style hs 33’s now. However the old 33’s are geting harder to find because they nolonger make them and dealers are just selling there old stock.