MAgura brakes

i really love my brakes… especially because i hurt my knees last winter. The brakes take the strain off of my knees, allowing me to ride longer and harder. oh yeah… forrest kicked my butt when we rode… it was sweet though. i would get brakes if you could afford them.

i work at a bike shop. we now have some of these in stock. hs 11’s are lightest model

Dude, not only do you just make junk up, you stand by it as if it’s true. If you can get your head out of your ass long enough look at the magura site, you’ll see that just about everything you’ve said about their brakes has been wrong.

As for use, Brockfisher put it well. They are great for north shore style riding, and excellent for relieving stress from the knees. I’ve landed descents on my first day with a brtake that I simply couldn’t touch without a brake. Steep hills with big drops at the end virtually require a brake, now that I have one.

ouch…

Huh? Couldn’t disagree more. But I’ll also acknowledge that the relative usefullness of brakes depends on a number of factors…the type of riding you do, your willingness to tolerate extra weight on your muni, your age, the condition of your knees, etc. Maybe it’s not an issue for young gangstas, but I had my first torn MCL and knee surgery before you were born, and my magura helps me get down a lot of terrain, in control, that I couldn’t hope to ride without it. For me they have both a use and a point, and the decision to add them to my Hunter was a smart one.

You just totaly made that up. I have never sean a shop that stocks magora rim braks. And plus your like 14 what kind of idiot would give you a job? You probly go hang out at this gay little toys “r” us bike shop and try to look cool. They where probaly a set or V-brakes but as gerblefranklin said your head was to far up your ass to tell. Stop posting if you dont know what you are talking abought.

o and gerblefranklin nicely put

we have 1 magura hs11 in stock, but we can order the rest and ive seen the specs on all of them.all 3 modles are still being made. and my bos is my next door neighbor and family freind

As i said before you can still get them but they are old stock. Also as i said you can nolonger get the hs 11’s from the magora factory. I broke my lever on my 11’s and when i called magora they said they would not fix it because they nolonger make parts for them. And evean if they did there not the best like you said the old style 33’s are. you clearly have never used eather.

A question, if this is true, why would anyone buy hs22s or hs33s if the hs11s are both stronger AND lighter? I can understand them making a range of different brakes to cope with different needs (i.e. lighter but weaker for cross country, heavy but strong for DX) but why make a product inferiour to other products they carry? And why do most unicyclists, even those with open-chequebook setups use 33s when they’re apparently the “heavyist (sic) and worst performing”? It appears I’ve openeed a can of worms here.

The 11’s are the lightist (and cheapist)(FIRST MADE) bacause they have no TPA (turbo pad Ajuster) and there not like amazeingly strong, I snaped the lever on mine from holding it to tight. The 22’s/old 33’s are almost the same they both have a tpa but its on the outside of the lever where it can be easaly be broken off. I have the 11’s and 33’s on my bike and the 33’s are alot beter.

Thats the 33’s the knob thig is the tpa and thats the 11’s