Looking for 26" Muni

Hey everyone,

I recently started to ride an old 24" Torker on trails. It’s been a blast, but I think it’s time to upgrade. I’m not sure if I should go with a 26" or 27.5", so I’m open to suggestions. If anyone has something they are willing to part with, please let me know!

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.
Coming across these unis second hand is like hen’s teeth. Nobody is parting with theirs.

I completely recommend buying a URC/Mad4One 27.5 muni new.
I bought one at the beginning of July. You won’t regret it, I love mine!

You can customise the purchase to suit you.
I recommend 27.5, it’s surprisingly maneuverable and lightweight, you can hop easily, you can roll easily.
I got triple hole cranks and 27.5 x 3" tyre. A supremely versatile uni for onroad and offroad.

4 Likes

I was very lucky with my as-new second hand KH 27.5 for $600 and only an hour’s drive away from home. Came with a handlebar too.

27.5 has definitely taken over from 26 for off road. There is a growing selection of large volume tyres for this size.

They have an outside diameter like a 29 with a 2 inch tyre and roll over things way better with the fat tyre.

Very nice! It’s very rare to be able to pick these up second hand. I reckon if you had to, you could also resell it later and not lose money on it either.

Thanks for the input. I am concerned that a large diameter may be too fast. I have no way of knowing as I’ve only ridden a 24", without a brake. Should I be concerned about that or is the disc brake sufficient in controlling speed?

I’ve never even heard of Mad4One! Would you recommend that over are KH or Nimbus? I can’t hop yet, but I definitely want to be able to. Being able to ride over everything does sound quite appealing though.

Hello crazymonkey! :wink:
It’s a pretty cool brand and they’re popular in Europe as they’re visible - they travel to most big conventions to showcase their stuff. And after years of blue unicycles, or black, it’s nice to see some funky colors!

I recently bought a M41 27.5, and colour was a large part of the decision. My other unicycles are the blue type so good to try something different (and I didn’t like black as the new blue either).

1 Like

Hi,
I reckon compare all the brands (KH, Nimbus, Mad4One, Qu-Ax) and they are all good. If you buy any of these munis it will be a quality uni, but I think the customisation options, colour choice, individualised customer service and price all make the URC/Mad4One a really good choice.

KH is on the pricey side, Nimbus is solid but vanilla and a tad boring, they are what they are (sorry!), Qu-Ax is probably good but I think you have to use their cranks (note: There are few Qu-Ax’ers in Aus which is where I am).

Mad4One’s are individually hand built to your specs and ship worldwide at a very competitive price, and quickly.

Of course, look second hand but mid sized munis are very popular and they are unis that people don’t tend to sell off. I think once you buy a muni, you tend to want to keep it.

For any question please do not hesitate to ask me.
Better if you write me to
marco@unaruota.com.

Our unicycle has been on many podiums at the last 3 UNICONS in MUNI, Freestyle, Race …
:wink:

2 Likes

I have had a terrible time trying to find a use muni. To your point, everyone must love them!

Thank you so much for your input. Looks like I’m going to shop around for a Mad4One and a Nimbus, even if the latter is a bit “vanilla”.

Thanks again!

1 Like

I have been watching craigslist and offerup for months around here. Pretty much i only see:
Torker and off-brand 20’s, torker 16’s, torker 5ft giraffes, and really old ones (schwinn mostly.)
Maybe a torker 24 rarely. I have never seen a club, nimbus, kris holm, QuAx anything, and no muni, trials, or touring unis of any brand :frowning:

Where are you located @unsingefou?

@Canapin I’m in Vermont, USA. Not much representation up here! Seems like there is a large contingent in Europe and Australia.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.