Longest Ride Yet!!!

I have great news. Today, during my middle of the day break from work, I rode my Muni 24X3 for 7.27 miles. Can you believe it, I finally got over the hump of my imaginary 5 mile barrier! Yippee!!!

The ride was along my favorite river route. The trail is mostly flat with a few bridge crossing, very smooth to moderately rough asphalt with three 100 yard long gravel sections, all surrounded in the beauty of the East Tennesee Mountains.

I have literally been on an endorphine high all afternoon. My legs are saying, “Let’s go for another, right now!” My mind feels like it is just basking in the glory of a great ride. I feel invincible, gurrrr, hear me growl!

I chased down a runner. I received some wonderful comments from several walkers. I got honked at (the friendly kind) by several cars. One little kid and mother broke their necks staring back at me as they drove by that weird “One Wheeled Bike.” All in all, it was a fantastic day to ride my Muni. :smiley:

The specifics: 7.27 miles in 1 hour 5 minutes. Average speed of 6.6 mph. Max speed of 11.0 mph. This is on my new Muni: KH24 wheelset with Duro Wildlife tire, Yuni 26" frame and KH Velo saddle. I feel so good. Ten Mile Trip, here I come!!! :smiley: --chirokid–

Keep it comin’ Keith :slight_smile:
Next time I get up in my sister’s neck-o-the woods, we’re goin’ riding!

• Frank

Re: Longest Ride Yet!!!

Congratulations, I know exactly how you feel!!!
I’ve got my distance riding down pretty good now, so today I went out and practice descending for about 30-45 minutes.
I was on top of the world when I rode all the way to the bottom on the first try, and only UPD’d once on the rest of the attempts.
Someone told me it’s all downhill after 50, I think I’m gonna like being old :smiley: :smiley:

furthest i’ve gone in 6 miles my aim is 10 too!