London UK Uni-Meet. It's happening again!

Booked a flight today. I will be there!!!

Rocco

I wanna come!

I’m living in London for a year and I’d love to meet up with the local riders. Only trouble is I’ll be in Amsterdam on the 28th and 29th. Is everybody going to SWUM on the 21st and 22nd or will there be a few people left behind who want to get together?

Alternately, anybody want to carpool to Exeter? I’m potentially interested in SWUM, although it is a bit of a hike from London. My daughters both ride also, and we each brought a unicycle.

Anyway, even if don’t end up attending these events I thought I should say HI to the other UK riders. I hope to see you at some point.

aah…sounds interesting…i might be able to go, i will have a look in my diary :roll_eyes:

il get back to you when im sure

He’s called Niall Cardin, he rides a 26" and used to be pretty big in the Oxford scene, although he doesnt ride so much these days. He only started riding trials uni a few months ago but is learning very quickly, he’s overtaken me already.

Amanda, get on the tube and then walk, if you get a travel card it works out cheaper as the journey back is further because the ride moves along the river.

By riding your Uni’s? :roll_eyes:

It would be less than 2 miles by Uni, the coach station is 300m from Victoria Station, both postcodes came from the relevent web sites:

If the event is on Saturday 28th I will try and attend, probably with a couple of short riders.

Keith

It’s a pity that Google Maps only gives driver-based routes. They never seem to consider unicyclists that are happy to ride through paved areas, go down one way streets the wrong way, and cut through wherever convenient! But, yes, it’ll be less than 2 miles, and, much quicker than the underground route.

Granted you’ll want to take the tube back at the end of the day though.

STM

Wow!
If everyone that has posted turns up, it looks like it will be one hell of a meet! I can’t wait! I will deffinatly be able to come on the 29th, I will ask Leo too but he is always up for riding and he is a bum so he won’t be doing anything.

I might bring my video camera and film some stuff for a video if anyone is up for it?

Rock on!
Edd

Seriously? Just for the unimeet or were you coming here anyway? If you are flying in just for the unimeet that’s proper hardcore:p

Hell Yeah!

Have you seen any of Rocco’s videos? Looks like he and Joe will be rippin’ it up!
This should be such a good meet!

Still trying to get hold of AJ!

Rock on!
Edd

Count me in as another, I’m moving to London this month so ill hopefully be able to come along too, sounds like it could be a bit of a spectacle.

ps. Anyone know of a good room to rent going near the piccadilly line?

Cheers

Tom

I got a really cheap flight and I dont have school this time, so I decided to come. I’ll stay for a few days.

Rocco, if you’re staying near London, then you’d be welcome to stay with me and Joe for a bit to ride after London, around our local area on the Monday after if you’d like.

ALSO: I’ll post a picture of the exact sort of location we’re meeting once I’ve got some time.

It would sound better if it was on Saturday 28th. I have to be at a meeting all day Sunday grumble grumble

i should be comming, i could realy do with some good info on where were all meeting, i know its near the london eye.

see you all there hopefully

Dale, give me a call on 07841716013 if you’re not entirely sure. Or just text me on the date.

Basically, just make your way to the London eye, and the rest is easy. There should be a massive grass plain next to the London eye next to the river, and you will find some black sloped walls on which the grass is on…

I’m still trying to find a picture of that place… its on gkmac’s gallery somewhere but I can’ access it. It’s literally where the grass plain and black sloped walls are by the London Eye, it should be easy to get there.

Me and Joe are going to start early, arrive there abou 9:30… We will be waiting for people until 11 o clock. If you arrive and we’re not there, we can’t be too far away so call me on the number at the top of the post.

Re: London UK Uni-Meet. It’s happening again!

“Sponge” wrote in message …
>
> Me and Joe are going to start early, arrive there abou 9:30… We will
> be waiting for people until 11 o clock.

Have I missed a post, or has the actual date not been decided on yet? I
think the 28th or 29th was looking favourite, but I’ve not seen anything
to confirm one or the other.

Cheers

STM

I’m there, its all booked. Should be good fun.

Mike

[EDIT] It betta’ be on the 29th…

is that the grass where talking about??

got that off google maps

london eye.bmp (656 KB)

ok il be going!..buut…is it on the 28th or the 29th??? im still not sure…and is the above (^^^^^) comment right because i know exacily where it is!:smiley:

im hoping 29th cos thats when my bus is, same with mike and thats also the day rocco flys in.