Kris Holm Moments

:thinking: has anyone actually broken their Kris Holm Moment cranks?

To me KH Moments are the best cranks for unicycles also onza tensiles are meant to be good

KH moments are amazing! I dont know how much it would take to be able to break a pair… I dont think anyone will try because it might be suicide!:stuck_out_tongue:
KH moment are unbreakable.

I have never heard of any breaking and some people drill them to make them lighter.

I guess you can say that your Moment cranks are the strongest parts of your unicycle. Before they break, something else will.

yeah, but they dont break, everything can break before moments for sure, even the seatclamp.

would a double hole 110 127 moment not be a good off the shelf lighter wieght drilled and shaved moment for street? Just an idea.

i don’t think you will break them… ever…
not really… 127 is pretty short… 110’s are even shorter.

i have not heard of any breaking … even the ones that have been drilled …

If you tried something like a 15 ft drop they might bend slightly, but I think the spokes and rim would give out first.

Mike Parenteau actually bent a couple of pairs. But it was from ridiculously huge Muni drops (I guess somewhere around 15-20 feet). Anyways I think they are under the KH warranty, so anytime you bend or snap them, you can get another pair for free.

Basically, like everyone said, other parts will break before them. And do not judge them with Mike’s riding, he’s not human.

Hugo

4.5 till 6m drop… WTF???

I guess Moments are allowed to bend slightly at this heigh…

+1. I’ve taken my moment of 6footish drops not as high as 15ft I know. (I wont go any higher :D)

But the rim and spokes will def go 1st.

I think that there’s definitely something wrong with mine. There has been for quite some time.

But I wouldn’t say it’s broken. It’s still rideable, and isn’t very bent, if at all.

i destroyed my rim yesterday and my moments are still in perfect shape. I ride 150’s on my 24, basically the longer you guy the more likley its going to be that you bend them. But i highly doubt you ever will

So Moments are over-engineered and over-weight? :wink:

How can you tighten it? On mine the pedal comes off with it stuck to it.

I think there is but I’m not to sure how to…

I use 137/165s for MUni

I used an old spoke to tight mine, but now they are always loose, I just try to pull them the farther I can and then they dont move for a little while.

I used an old spoke to tight mine, but now they are always loose, I just try to pull them the farther I can and then they dont move for a little while.

interesting observation…

so nimbus ventures might be better money-wise and still as strong?