Kris Holm 29 inch

I am not paid by Qu-ax but I have the same conclusions as Becky. However, you’re right we should be vigilant about who posts their opinion on this forum. We should maybe add some icon for sponsored riders such as the one brand official accounts have.
@Canapin, what do you think about this?

I’m happy about the impulse. Quax products in RGB production are certainly good… However, if that’s advertising, I’d like to know that! You’re right… If the products for which you advertise are good for yourself, that’s a good thing - if you yourself mark that you are doing real advertising… I’m glad you’re talking about that. But I think Becky has no bad intentions and just thinks Quax is good and loves it unicycles …

3 Likes

Yes, I am sponsored (not paid) by Qu-Ax. But if I would not like their products I would definitely not recommend them in public. I also had chances to be sponsored by other companies but I decided to go for Qu-Ax, because the products are great, light and innovative. Since I got more insights in The Qu-Ax RGB Unis, I just explained what is different to other unis. (The Q-Axle system for example is very controversial since is new and exclusively used by Qu-Ax, but has some advantages over ISIS). I still got my own options about unis and also recommend other brand depending on the budged people have. See here:

I owned in the past or still own also Nimbus and Kris Holm unicycle(s) and I also recommend the Qu-Ax RGB to other unicyclists before I got sponsored by Qu-Ax and got one myself. The difference to other unicyclists that recommend their favorite brands is just, that I got my dream unis without paying for it.

By not recommending Kris Holm I am akting not in Qu-Ax favor, because Qu-Ax is a Kris Holm retailer in Europe and also sponsors the Kris Holm Factory team. If my my opinion would have been bought by Qu-Ax I would have said go for the Kris Holm.

4 Likes

It is just that they don’t fit you. Probably a better shape for men. I like the Nimbus Gel saddles I have. I also like the KH Fusion Freerides. I also have a fairly flat carbon fibre based one with customised foam padding and a Freeride cover.

There are some really terrible saddles. I have a Torker LX that came with a saddle that I saw accurately described as “an upholstered brick”. The saddle on the Impact Athmos is woeful. I think it is meant to grab rather than sit on.

Thank you, Becky. I think it’s good that you recommended the Quax unicycles to me. Now I have a other perspective to think about both. Less KH more Quax and Mad4one. Everything it’s okay.

1 Like

My best unicycles are hybrids.

Road 26 is a Dominator 2 wheel in a KH frame with Nimbus Venture 114 cranks and a KH Freeride saddle. No brakes at all. I have the wide KH wheel (with cutouts) with 125/150 Moment cranks for muni and can swap the wheels in a few minutes. No need for a wide rim on the road.

Trials uni has an Impact Athmos wheel (beautiful smooth white rim and hub) in an old KH frame with a distressed red paint job.

36 is a Nimbus Dominator wheel (all black without machining on brake surface of rim) in a Triton titanium frame with Spirit cranks and disc brake.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me… I’ll try the KH Fusion Freeride I think.

Thank you. That’s very interesting.

For the Kris Holm saddles (especially the Freeride) you must keep care about them in wet conditions. If they fall in a puddle or get wet from rain, they turn into a gigantic sponge.
The QX eleven designed by Kris Holm is kind of waterproof compared the the most other saddles from Kris Holm. But the Kris Holm fusion Freeride is definitely the softest you can find. The eleven is a bit harder, but personally I prefer harder saddels, and it doesn’t have this weird space in the middle.

Thank you Becky. I didn’t know that. So Quax Eleven is your favorite saddle?

Yes, previous I also really liked the old Nimbus Gel Saddels with Kris Holm Basis, but they don’t produce them anymore and they are hard to get nowadays. The QX I like the same as I did the old Nimbus one. The new Nimbus saddels: I only sat on them for a short time and realized instantly that they are nothing for me, way to hard and personally not my shape.

So to the QX eleven: In comparison to the other Kris Holm banana shaped saddels it uses a double density foam, the upper layer is soft and the lower is harder. I just compared it to a Kris Holm Street that I have lying around and the QX seemed to have a softer foam. One thing that I find weird of the Kris Holm saddels as a women is the part in the middle has no foam (Also in der Mitte würde ein durchgängiger Streifen ausgespart, auch als “Pulsrille” und der Einradszene bekannt).
The QX doesn’t have it that extreme. I only had problems with the yellow stiches, they start rubbing after 50 km, but I resolved that problem by cutting them open and pulling them out, the saddle still holds perfectly together since they are not the stiches that hold the saddle. When you ride the saddle for a few years you also rub them off, this just makes the process fast. Since then I didn’t had any rubbing issues from the saddle.
Here a pic of the saddle with removed yellow stiches:

1 Like

If tne frame can be made to fit, I think the quax would be a good choice for a smaller, female rider. The quax rgb is quite light, which is always an advantage provided it is strong enough. I’m not a huge fan of the saddle, but thats because I find it tends to crush my anatomy. It also gives great control and is otherwise comfortable. Overall, I was very impressed by the quality of mine, especially at the low price point. If you’re 160cm however, then I’m pretty sure the frame of a 29er will have to be cut. The seat tubes on rgb’s are very long. Mine is a 27.5 and I am 185cm. With 170mm cranks I only have about 5cm of seatpost remaining.

The photo is the saddle QUAX Eleven, isn’t it Betty? Thank you for your long text, his help me a lot to choose a new saddle.

Thanks. Maybe the store „municycle.com“ can cut the frame. I hope that. I really want to have a 29 or 36 inc unicycle to ride long tours and whatever. That’s my dream. Yes I am unfortunately only 1, 60 m. Maybe the 36er Rgb Quax will work with 100 mm cranks. Thank you for your so lovely and very helpful message. :slight_smile:

Your are welcome!
Yes, that’s the QX eleven.
100 mm cranks I would not recommend for the start, but they can be fun! I would recommend 110/136 for the start, then you can slowly work your way down.
Just write Petra at municycle.com a mail or call her and see what’s possible:) The service of frame cutting is also listed as “Gabel kürzen”.

I think the situation with sponsored riders is tricky, especially when their experience is going to be limited primarily to the latest products from the company they’re sponsored by, whatever products they may have used in the past.

It’s not fair to say that a sponsored rider is paid by the company though, as it’s generally not the case. Often their travel and accommodation is paid for events, and they’ll get free gear, but they don’t typically get salary or payment in the same way influencers do for shilling products.

I think that typically there has been no issue with this in the unicycling community as sponsored riders don’t tend to come and recommend or comment on specifics around unicycle brands or products, partially because they understand that they can’t remove their biases, but partly because lots of people just aren’t that interested in participating on the forums in that manner!
The most comment you’ll get from many sponsored riders will be a single social media post about their new unicycle, and then just the exposure of the product in future videos/posts/rides with very little discussion about it as a product. The idea being that “if x person uses y product then it must be good”.

I do think though that especially as this forum is again becoming popular it would be good to have sponsored riders clearly marked.

1 Like

I’m guessing that the amount of money associated with anything in the unicycling world is pretty minimal. Unless someone is actually selling the products in question, I doubt there’s enough money involved to entice people to shill.

1 Like

This is definitely something to be split into a different topic, but on the assumption it will get moved, I’ll continue here :smiley:

Direct shilling perhaps not, but there’s plenty of incentive for people to accept certain issues or pitfalls with a product when they’ve received it for free if they will continue to get free product or other benefits from that company.
The value of free product(s) or benefits to a person can also be pretty substantial. In unicycling terms it could be the difference between being able to ride a certain discipline or not, or go to an event or not.

If xyz company starts give me free product that I like, I’m sure as heck not going to start publicly telling people any issues with it if might get other future benefits. I’m also highly unlikely to get the same exposure to similar product from another company, especially as the sponsoring company would understandably like me to always use their product.

2 Likes

No !
This was the case long long time ago (10 years may be) because of the cover material.

Well, to be fair, the new KH Fusion Freeride saddles do have a more absorbent front and back section, which on the QX Eleven has been swapped for a less absorbent material.
The Fusion Zero also has a section like this at the back, but it doesn’t have any stitches to remove like the Eleven…

So they still act a little sponge like, but not really.

With the old Fusion Freeride saddles it used to be bum sweat more often than rain or puddle water though :rofl:

As I understand it, the different fabric at the back is for wear resistance though - it takes collisions with the ground better than the other material that seems to rip or tear more easily.
The Fusion Zero was the same fabric all over - there must have been a good reason to bring that back section back on the Fusion One.