Koxx Replies About Their ISIS Issue.

Thank you for actually reading my post before writing a reply. I really appreciate that :roll_eyes:
Let me, just for you, point out again: People (like me) bought a Koxx with the hope that ISIS would become the new standard (which is correct). Now that other ISIS cranks are available we are stuck, while Koxx continues to advertise their system as ISIS.

What was your problem with pedals again? But that is certainly the real issue. Bike companies are really stupid to ignore the huge “single pedal” market :smiley:

Don’t confuse the issue with common sense.

It is not really a problem. Just replace the new spindle on the pedal you don’t want with the old one. That is assuming it is the cage that is destroyed not the spindle.

Roger

In reference to someone asking about the Koxx bike cranks (actually called Try-All):
When I purchased my Mod Trials bike second-hand, it had these cranks. They never stayed tight on the bottom bracket. It turns out, that the splines didn’t go deep enough inside the crankarms (very obvious, too short by about 4mm) this to me screamed poor quality, i bought new crankarms, and haven’t had an issue since. In my opinion this is a major breach ISIS agreement, and Koxx should fix this in future cranks and hubs. Standards are created for a reason. and koxx should fix it, or call it something other than ISIS. Also, that whole chart makes little, or, no sense at all.

-Ryan

Then all uni cranks are not ISIS :astonished:
There all just ISI:(

Im so confused.

don’t blame you :roll_eyes:

I doubt the Try-All stuff isnt Isis, but if it isnt there is too much try-all stuff out there for them to change it now.

As for uni stuff, since its a much smaller market, i dont see how changing the design now would be too hard. Get on it Yoggi!

Koxx does not appear to be producing ISIS cranks. They are producing cranks that look a little like ISIS but do not comply with the standard. People who want to produce ISIS cranks cannot make their gear interchangable with Koxx’s.

If Yoggi’s attachment is correct it looks like Koxx ISIS cranks are compatible with every hub except the “jaune Qu-ax”. It looks like the incompatibility problem is with Koxx ISIS hubs (which are not compatible with Qu-ax or KH cranks).
In my avatar I have a Koxx hub with Truvativ Luftalarm ISIS cranks without any modifications. So either Koxx and Truvativ are not ISIS or there are different levels of ISIS compatibility.

Ok, the Koxx chart is about right… I checked it all and made a new chart, you can look at it on my website over here.

Koxx cranks fit on a KH hub, but KH cranks dont fit on a Koxx hub.

Koxx has thicker splines than KH, Onza and Qu-Ax, so the smaller ISIS splined cranks of the KH and others don’t fit on the thicker splines of the Koxx hub.

Seeing as the Koxx is using bigger splines the hole in the Koxx crank is also a little bigger, when you fit a Koxx crank on a KH or other hub you might have a little play, but in theory it fits. I wouldn’t recommend this combination.

I base this on the words of Roland (Municycle.com) and my own experience.

Cheers,

Dustin

Now this chart actually makes sense! The only recommendation I have is instead of using the same “V” symbol with the Koxx cranks and KH hub, you should do maybe a “V*” or a different symbol, then indicate below that it means that it will fit, but is not recommended due to the slight amount of slop.

So if Koxx have a thicker splined hub, obviously their cranks will have a bigger hole in them so they can fit onto the Koxx hubs.

If the cranks have a bigger hole in them it is also obvious they will fit on all Isis hubs that are thinner than the Koxx hub, but Isis cranks will be too small to fit onto koxx hubs

What I want to know is not whether the Koxx cranks fit but how firmly they fit and whether they will come loose.

After all my Pop’s feet are too big for my shoes but I can fit my feet into his shoes, but they don’t fit very well

jim

When, if ever, does koxx plan on fixing this problem?

I dunno but iff the cranks work it shouldn’t be much of a problem. other wise there is so many koxx 1 unicycles in circulation making all k1 owners happy could be a problem.

Maybe an e-mail to Koxx may be better than asking on a forum? :roll_eyes:

Not all ISIS cranks are too small to fit onto a koxx hub. See my avatar, I have Truvativ Luftalarm ISIS cranks on a Koxx hub.

As Evan mentioned in another thread, someone should take a KH ISIS hub and a Koxx ISIS hub into a bike shop and see how many ISIS cranks fit on each. It would also be interesting to take a set of KH ISIS cranks and Koxx ISIS cranks to a bike shop to see how many ISIS bottom bracket fit on each. This would give an indication of which is closer to the bicycle ISIS standard.

If KH ISIS cranks do not fit on an ISIS bottom bracket would this make them non ISIS?

If there is any question at all as to wether a hub is isis or not or if it fits or not completly kills the advantage of isis. I would like to know if Truvativ cranks fit on the kh hub, because i may be building up a muni and no unicycle crank is long enough for what i want.

Onza Tensile cranks fit the KH unis. I think they only have them in 140s though.

what could you possibly be doing that wouldn’t hold up to KH’s or profiles? you’re not that big and you don’t weigh that much. explain yourself. i do agree about how ISIS should all work together and any debate kills the advantages.