!!! Koxx One 2007 news !!!

What is the current record?

I think it was 14ft not too sure L*L

That sounds awfully high for flat to flat…

Didn’t yoggi do that and land on a tire? and fall?
I think KH has done drops that big on the north shore stuff.

Well let me tell you guys what I think ! KHU makes 1 19’’ unicycle. Koxx has ALOT off different models for each and every single style. That’s what made me go with koxx. They specialize in every style by making a unicycle made for THAT style. Examples : XTP for trials, Black domina for flat, Orange bud for street, Signatures for freestyle ETC . So, of course if you go take the black domina off a 10ft drop it’s possible that it will brake because it’s ment for flatland ! BUT go take the orange bud off it and tell me if it brakes ! That’s the thing people dont seem to understand when it comes to koxx-1 you have to buy the unicycle that’s ment for your style and stick with your style ! Me, Im riding a bedford frame with the koxx-1 reinforced rim and the street cranks, never had a problem with it, i love more then my profiles. People who break there koxx-1 stuff don’t buy what’s right for them. Koxx-1 in my mind anyways, is for people who like to specialze or do street + a little bit of trials or freestyle. If your looking to do everything on a unicycle of course i’d suggest KHU but if your like me or like many others and only do street and some trials, koxx-1 should fit you perfectly if you choose the right unicycle to fit you. It’s that simple !

-max

(sry for bad spelling)

Well done Max! He makes a very good point, if your trying to jump off walls and do trials on a signature then its not going to hold to well, but still better than taking a semcycle off a drop L*L. I personally ride as many styles as possible, I have a Koxx-one Blue Berry with 125mm cranks. It isnt the best for trials but I still used that uni for the CMW trials comp last year. a traditional Devil uni is great for trials and will take some really knarly drops, but sometimes the 140 cranks may be a lil long to street or flatland. So there is the Black Domina which is super light so that you can manuver(sp?) it well and has 135 cranks so that you have good foot placement and a great length for street, not to long not to short, much better than trying to use Profiles for street, only downfall is that it has a light koxx hub so drops are slightly limited. If you want a good uni from Koxx for all round, Yoggi recommended me a while back just getting a Black Domina with a reinforced hub, it can take drops and still be lighter than the devil or street line. If you are looking for a good all around setup without paying the price of the Domina get something from the Devil line and order it with the 135 cranks, renegade will soon be selling uni setups liek these, when I ordered my BLue Berry from them they replaced my cranks with the 125s for me and gave me a 400mm seat post instead of the 250 which coudlnt fit me…The KH is a great unicycle, the Koxx has many great unicycles, qu-ax has an offordable strong setup with more weight, and the same goes with Torker. But if you want a specialzed uni for your style Koxx is king, and they even have the parts for an all around if you order right…

Lol well heres the pic…

Yeah I just watched it he fell jumping off the tire, but he took all that impact into the cranks and they held!

just relax, everyone has there own oppinions. some people like koxx other’s like Kh,torker,profile,Qu-ax. there is no one brand that’s the best, it all depends on what you like and what’s avliable in your area. just be happy you all have tons of choices. before there was only 1 or 2 brands. and they were expensive!! now there are tons of brands which are reasoably priced and good quality. so i would personally just be happy you have varity and that people like yoggi and kris are still making more. maybe you don’t like one or both of them. but my hats go off to them. and i think people need to stop bashing uni’s and just be happy with the one you like. if people ask for your oppinion give it, but in a thread like this why even bother?
just my oppinion of course
cheers
bry

uhh
the record is either 12 or 14 feet (guiness)
i think it was done in thier studios

from what I hear kris holm did a 14 foot drop off of a tractor at naucc?? last year and landed it.
I think that KH has a better rep mainly because the kh19 is perfect for street and trials, there is no need for a better uni made by KH for street.

the Koxx unis are too expensive, who is going to pay $800 for a uni w/ a decent hub? why not go for a GOOD hub if its that freaking expensive?

that whole XTP thing is rediculous, sure its light, but $800 for a uni is rediculous, no matter what.

the rims are weaker than KH too.

thats my unbiased opinion, i have never ridden either… actually I have never SEEN either in person, thats just from the info I have gathered from what people have explained of their experiences.

I am pretty sure there was a lot less force than normal because a lot of his impact was absorbed by the tire. That is probably why landed on the tire and not straight to the ground.

Nice that the cranks hold all the impact, good promotion for KH/Onza because at the time yoggi was using the Koxx/Onza hub…

I couldn’t be arsed to read the whole topic, but I’ll reply to this post…

Cody, that’s a load of bullshit and you know it, Torker has the same price-class as Qu-Ax, there’s where it ends. Qu-Ax uses an extremely strong splined design, stronger than Torker, Koxx, and yes, stronger than the old KH (I don’t have any info on the 2007 yet). Qu-Ax is ridden by countless of people in Europe and outside of Europe, where I bent KH 2005 in 2 days and Marco bent his Koxx in 2 months noone has EVER managed to bend or break a Qu-Ax crank/hub. Yes they’re heavier, but why is that? It’s because Kris Holm and Koxx stick an aluminium seatpost on their uni’s, which makes ALOT of difference in weight. Were you to spend extra money on the Qu-Ax aluminium frame (the strongest alu 20" frame out there) you’d still be under the cost of the cheapest splined Koxx unicycle and with the new frame and seatpost you’ll probably have the same weight as a Koxx.

It’s easy to say Koxx is better when you’re sponsored by them Cody, think before posting.

Cheers,

Dustin

It’s funny how you start bashing Torker when trying to prove that Koxx is better than Qu-Ax(which it isn’t(you know why - cause I ride it)).

2nd that :sunglasses:

Trust me Dustin, the KH2007 is mutch beter then the Qu-ax.
Realy.

PM

Dustin, can you prove that the Qu-Ax is the strongest aluminium frame around? Considering only 3 KH20 aluminium trials frames have broken since their 2005 incarnation. (all 3 under the usage of the 2 best trials riders in the world)

It is a little silly for Cody to rant about how Koxx’s team and equipment are so almighty whilst slagging off other brands like that. All brands have high and low points.

Back on topic:
I think the new Koxx unis have been upgraded nicely. I saw the new specced XTP Purple Power over at a friend’s 2 weeks ago and it is RIDICULOUSLY light, one could notice a huge amount when lifting it up. The thin luxury saddle makes me envious too!

However, I’m not still not too sure about those 24 Butterflys being on the ‘Street’ unis, they are ridiculously grippy pedals and aren’t exactly too durable. Odyssey JC style-esque pedals or decent plastics seem to be much more favourable for street.

I just have a question…I heard once that on Yoggis 14footer he used a Profile wheelset…Any truth to that?

And id just like to say that i stand by my KH’03s as one of the strongest cranksets out there. Mine have been ridden quite hard by me and others and they have taken beating after beating an theyre still in mint condition(minus scratches). So i dont kno what everyones obsession with the new and"improved" designs is…Kris knew what he was doing with the KH’03s

-Phil.

one bad thing with the xtp is that its extremely expensive… but the price tells us its better then a qu-ax

WRONG!!!

i will sell you an African Black for 666… its so expensive it has to be the BEST EVER !!!