Kh20, Kh29

My KH24 last summer came frame-on-wheel, as did the KH29 (which I happily rode today, after attaching the brake). Holy crap, but a 29er is a blast! Haven’t yet tried the pedals on the 125 position, but that should really make’er rip.

As for the tracking … mine was the same way, too, but it didn’t surprise me any, as it’s not uncommon for a shipment to go off the grid while in some truck moving from Wisconsin to California.

AE bikes is in michigan. and boy do i hope they dont run out of KH20’s in the next 2 months!!!

But there aren’t any direct trucks that go from Wisconsin to California, or, in my case, from Hodgkins, IL to Colorado Springs, CO. There are hubs that the package passes through. I’m used to seeing these hubs during a package’s progress across the US, like Salina, KS and Commerce City, CO. But this package just disappeared when it left Hodgkins and reappeared in Colorado Springs. Strange…

Roak

Oops. I had it in my head that it was in Madison, WI, for some reason.

Odd, then. This happens fairly regularly to me–things begin somewhere in the midwest or east, then disappear for a fairly long time (up to 6 or more days sometimes) until they show up in Sacramento, then Chico the following day.

ae bikes is out of KH20s :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :frowning:

so dissapointed

One of my friends ordered one on Friday after having to wait a few days. It was still listed when he placed the order but they haven’t charged his account and it says the order is still processing. Blah! I wonder if he got the last one or if hes out of luck.

Well all the bike shops listing the trials online no longer have it listed, so they definitely are all getting it from the same supplier.

What’s the catch ?

That is such an extreme price difference. I would guess that these are older models. What have you guys noticed ? Did they have the new moment parts ?
Still an incredible deal to get an older KH at that price.

Nope, they are the newest model. I believe they were even the newest model with the Jim C pedals.

I’ll confirm that they are (were) new stock. I got my KH20 about a week or so ago… Blue rim tape, Jim C pedals, Moment cranks, etc. If AEBikes has what you want in stock, buy quickly. I learned this lesson from silentspoon when he hesitated ordering his KH24 and ended up paying considerably more from another place. When I saw the KH20 in stock, I ordered it pronto.

Roak

does anyone know why they(ae bikes) could charge so much less thean UDC?

Because they can, and they realize that is how they will get peoples’ business. UDC prices at or around the MSRP (manufacturer’s suggested retail price) however AEBikes probably prices just enough over wholesale to pull in a small profit. Their plan I assume, is to make money by selling in larger volume rather than a few more expensive ones. Note, all of the above is complete speculation and I have no insider information from AE, UDC or any other shop for that matter.

There was a similiar issue when the 2006 Torker DX came out, its MSRP was around $400 or something so for the first few weeks it was out that is what UDC was charging for it. People on ebay were starting to sell it for $250 as well as several bike shops so UDC was forced to lower the price or there is no way they would have ever had any sales. The problem now is that if UDC were to lower the price of the KH to meet AEBikes it would cost nearly the same as the Qu-ax so they would have to lower the price of that so people would still purchase the Qu-ax. The Qu-ax price would be even closer to the price of the Torker DX so people would possibly end up opting for the Qu-ax more often forcing them to lower the price of the DX even more, to the point of no profit. Not to mention it would make all of their cotterless trials unis basically worthless. While the price of the KH at AEBikes is nice for us, it kind of ruins the market.

Very Good Explanation!:slight_smile: I was kinda wondering the same thing.

i jsut wish UDC would lower the brice to 400-450 even. and also its not torkers fault that people wont buy a DX cause a KH is near the price and alot better. same for quax, just the KH is not as much better, so why should these brands hold the price up when i think a lower price would presure them to make better unis

Right and in an ideal world that is how it would work. Torker and Qu-ax would either lower their price realizing they had an inferior product or make a better uni. However in the time being UDC wouldn’t want to sit around with a bunch of unsold stock.

By the way, AE just totally restocked. They have trials, munis and 29ers.

By the way, AE just totally restocked. They have trials, munis and 29ers.

YAY!!! now i gotta get a 150 more dollars and order one of those beasts

Wow

Gotta love this forum. :slight_smile: I’m a bit on the cynical side. I would never order a 360 $ ish KH myself. It’s to cheap. Scam alert! :roll_eyes:
Yet I trust you guys. I am really tempted to buy a 20 now, even though I don’t really need one…yet. Such a deal !

No scam. Just a great deal for those who find it and have the $.

If you have the $ and want to get into trials, and/or street get the 20 as soon as they are back in stock. If Muni, get the 24.

edit: I’m waiting for the geared hub.

You and me both buddy, you and me both.
Lets just say if they dont get more than one…BAAAATLE ROYAAAAL!! haha