i thought some people might find this interesting to see, as i have not seen anyone else do something similar as of yet.
instead of using the old method of coach nuts and bolts out the bottom, i have taken the system from my kh 09 saddle and put it in
my cf base.
what i did was mark out the holes as usual and then drill 8mm holes in the cf base. and then cut down the t nut inserts to the thickness of the cf base, then finally i used builders cement, a strong adhesive to hold the already tight fitting t nuts in place.
i haven’t put the saddle together yet, and plan to put some plastic putty around the square heads for little extra stability, overall it is looking good.
yeah i was inspired to do this buy you guys, although i hadn’t seen anyone
using the parts from a KH09 saddle directly as of yet.
and while i agree yours is probably a nicer fit, the square heads on the nut
sit really flush on the curved surfaces of the base and act like an anchor,
and the t nuts sit REALLY tight in the holes, you would be suprised.