Keny Banks Muni Photo

Then move Terry! You don’t have a ton holding you back. Live the dream while you still can.

Haha, I’m livin’ it every day, and I still have many good minutes left! :stuck_out_tongue: I could sure visit though! :sunglasses:

PS: Btw, where the heck is that trail? I need an address stat! :slight_smile:

About a week ago I saw one of his videos on a dreadlock stuff website. Here’s the link.

Awesome MUni !!! Really enjoyed watching those. The MUni riding was kick-ass, and such control on those tricky skinny descents. Also great to see someone owning it doing trials on a 24"… Come one all you trials riders… lets see some more !!!

Finally some real muni. Havent seen that in a while.

I can’t believe how he just flows into and out of everything as if he’s just out riding on the side walk! Amazing! Just rolls right into a 8-10ft (or more) drop like a free ride mountain biker would! I wish we had some north-shore type stuff around here. I offered to build some stuff in our local state park but the ranger’s were no go because of insurance reasons. How do the Canadians get around this? Stuff we do sneak and build get’s torn out…

I don’t think it looks shopped, it just looks like it was taken with a bad Kodak digital camera.

Exactly!

Solid rider, great skinny skills. Needs to visit SB.

agreed. dude’s freakin awesome!

was he riding without a brake?

Not sure. All I know is that he’s been riding MUni for 4 years, and I’ve been at it for almost 3, so I still have a year to catch up…haha NOT! He’s only 16 and has a good 20 years more to reach his peak. For me, “It’s all downhill from here!” lol. Hey that’s a good name for a book on MUni!

But seriously, I’d like to be that good when I grow up!:p;):smiley:

Yeah, like Kris Holm. He’d been riding for about 12 years before he rode with other unicyclists. Also in the first commercial video he appeared in (riding North Shore trails), he was on a SCHWINN!

As for the original photo looking 'shopped, yes, it does. I got curious so I downloaded it. No EXIF data in the file, but the size and quality suggest it may have been taken by a phone camera, then enhanced too much. Probably too much lightening and saturation.

But the original probably looked like crap, so this is probably not bad considering the amount of pixels available…

I don’t think it looks Photoshopped; it looks like it was taken with a cheap on-camera flash that flattened the foreground and put too much emphasis on the branches in front of the rider. And then it’s severely brightened and over-sharpened, either by the in-camera algorithm or by post-processing. But it looks legit, even before you see the videos (which clearly indicate he rides stuff like this).

and your avatar doesnt? just cause its bad quality doesnt mean its photoshopped.

Taking pictures or filming in the woods is a lot harder then shooting in the street.

Nelson BC, trails surround the town, best place ever…

I rent a room and its available in december…:wink:

Looks like it to me.

It’s Top Secret;)

Often it’s illegal and some is on private property. (The builders are often VERY careful of who they tell that it’s there and where it’s at and put them far away from popular trails.)

There are 3 spots I’ve heard of w/in a 2 hr. drive of me, two of them I actually know where they are. One was built on private property by a few expert MTB’rs under the condition they didn’t tell anyone. They also signed a legal waiver removing the owner from any and all liability.

One reason why they build so many elevated trails is it’s much wetter up there and would get massive erosion otherwise.

Trails in Nelson are legal and yes ken rides without a brake.

Thats one thing I liked best was he had no brake. Supports everything I think of about riding without a brake. =p

I dont think the picture is photoshopped. Watch the videos. That size drop is in a lot of our abilities to do.

what is he rolling with

Read the first page.