Just started...

Hey ive now been riding for about a total of 15 hours probably…i can ride the length of my street fairly easy. But now my problem is that I have to have something to get onthe Uni with…what approach do I use to freestart?? Thanks in advance/.

put you pedals horizontally, with your dominant foot’s pedal in back. put your dominant foot on the pedal, then your other foot on the other pedal. until you get the balance perfect, the front pedal will move slightly, so move quickly, because if your pedals get to the vertical position, you won’t be able to start pedaling.

www.unicycle.2ya.com may be of some assistance. We’ve put a video tutorial on freemounting in there and there’s also a Word document that may be worth reading.

Andrew

i just started learning too and the rollback mount has been easiest for me to learn. there is a video how-to on the site posted earlier in your thread. practice makes perfect for anything though, i can still only do that mount 35% of the time and i’ve been on it 3 days but not trying too hard.

Re: Just started…

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:10:12 -0500, “fauxden” wrote:

>what approach do I use to
>freestart?? Thanks in advance/.

Go to <http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/uni_beginners.htm> and download
the Word document (towards the bottom of the page). Describes various
ways to freemount and more stuff that should be interesting for you.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“The more you think, the less you have to do. - Leo Vandewoestijne”

I personally find I have the most success with the static mount, however I did learn the rollback mount first. Go look around at some of the sites that have been suggested, they are very helpful, and then go out and try things out for yourself; you’re bound to find something that works for you. If you can at least ride the thing, freemounting is not far away for you. Once you start to get the hang of it, it’s only a matter of practice to get it consistent.

Don’t forget to stop and take a break from time to time, giving your body that time to recover will greatly ease the learning curve.