jack it up(tire pressure)

so my muni is in a million pieces waiting for smaller-fatter wheel parts,i thought i whould take out the Coker.

the first thing i did (becauze i dont give a crap) waz JACK-UP the pressure to a "explode on impact"p.s.i. of a cool 100 or 7 BAR if you like.

the risk was great and just what i needed,but i would suggest letting alot of air out of your tire when the ride is over . i watched the bead on the tire for 2 hours before my ride and it never slipped

give it a shot if you havent before,the Coker can be an absolute scorcher

Re: jack it up(tire pressure)

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 01:47:18 -0500, jagur
<jagur.2tyly@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>give it a shot if you havent before,the Coker can be an absolute
>scorcher

>who wants a Coker!?all things consitered jagur@unicyclist.com

Second thoughts?

Klaas Bil

“To trigger/fool/saturate/overload Echelon, the following has been picked automagically from a database:”
“ISWG, Psyops, Face”

second thoughts?

maybe or maybe not but nobodys biding on it and my muni is in pieces,so i have no choice but to ride the Coker

i’ve had it out a couple times accually and i realised that there are some people that are really scared of big uni’s.this one guy yesterday literally shreaked in horror as he turned around and saw me,i was’nt speeding or wobbling,just rolling along?

oh and i’ve noticed that cross walk signs and anything to high to hit your head while walking is now 2 inches away from crackin my dome.

I would have purchased yours but I found something in the same condition for $200, so of course I hopped on that.

cool,i hope where you found it was closer.i dont know what the shipping would be from left to right coast.

it seems to me that this will be the hardest part (for the buyer) to chew.Coker sent it to me in a total piece o crap box.if i was buying it i would pay for 3 day select from UPS.the less days on the truck the better and i know cause i once worked there .anything that is sent UPS ground is bouncing around between moblehome axles and bundles of pitch forks for 7 to 8 days

if you bought it from out of town i’d be curious to know what the shipping was.

RE: jack it up(tire pressure)

> i would pay for 3 day select from UPS.the less days on the truck the
> better and i know cause i once worked there .anything that is sent UPS
> ground is bouncing around between moblehome axles and bundles of pitch
> forks for 7 to 8 days

My understanding of UPS (and air travel) is that packages get their worst
wear & tear at the processing centers, where they are moved around by
automated equipment and conveyor. During these times, things can pile up and
get squished together, stuff can fall off the belts, and they can possibly
be tumbled over and over. Once on the truck they will bump around, but only
get further abuse if they fall or have other objects fall on them.

Of course the larger the box, the more impact it is probably exposed to.
Small packages on a UPS truck ride on the shelves, but the big stuff (like a
Coker) is just in the aisle.

I was (briefly) a UPS driver on Long Island. I saw less mobile home axles
and pitchforks, but I did deliver a Christmas tree, a Nordic Track, exhaust
pipes, etc. :slight_smile:

In any case, shipping anything in a box will expose it to unknown exposures
and impacts. If I learned anything at UPS Always pack your stuff well!

JF

i meant less time on the 18 wheeler trucks.true the delivery trucks we see in our neighborhoods are safe.but when i would open the back door on those 18 wheelers at 3 in the morning to unload them,somtimes i had to run for my life to avoid getting crushed by an avalanche.

my coker was also sent with the crank arms on,very risky, at least they took the pedals off.

if there is anything "I"learned working at ups its that every box says fragile,even a box of feathers.