Is the unicycle dangerous to reproductive system?

1/2 of all US men will have some kind of problem down there at least 1 time in there by age 72. Be it prostate, rectum, urethra scarring (landing on the bar–very common among cyclists), or something down low. 1/3 of all US men will have chronic problems by age 72.

Most famous rider with prostate cancer … Lance Armstrong.

I’ve also had a fistula in the past which I was told is EXTREMELY common for riders.

National Institute of Health describes it as:

A fistula is an abnormal connection between two parts inside of the body. Fistulas can happen because of injury, infection or inflammation. They may develop between different organs such as between the esophagus and the windpipe, or the bowel and the vagina. They can also develop between two blood vessels such as between an artery and a vein, or between two arteries.

Hard to prove that these things cause “major” problems, but if you have a problem already, or had problems in the past, I would insure myself with the most comfortable seat possible. I am not trying to scare anyone, rather trying to point out these things before you have to pee into a catheter.

Post drip problem? Please elaborate, I’m curious if I’ve experienced what you are talking about.

Like, after I pee and even shake/wipe for a while so it’d seem like I’m done, a minute or so later, or when I sit down, a bit more seems to find its way out. I’ve never been sure if it’s normal for that to happen or not cause I’ve never asked anyone else.

Well, it can happen after urinating, and after ejaculation…

After ejaculation is pretty much normal though.

After urination, I’d get that checked out.

k, well the doc, if you have to pee, and nothing comes out, the doc says its because you arn’t drinkin enough water, I drink a lot now, havnt had any problems since, though I’ve had some bad racks, once a month or so.

I am not an MD… might be scar tissue clog somewhere. It would be wise to get that checked out. I hope your diagnosis is ok! :slight_smile:

An intermittent issue for me as well… I had not even made a connection to unicycling… or biking… yikes…

O.o

I hope it’s not something wrong…I’m too young to have problems down there!!

I’ve always had that now and again and never worried about it. Actually, when I say “always”, my earliest recollections of it are years and years before I cycled much at all, although it was around the time I used to ride horses.

I guess changes in behaviour down there would be more worrying; and just because it seems normal to me doesn’t mean that it’s OK for others or even for me myself :wink: Get it checked out if it worries you but don’t panic about it, I don’t think that’s called for. There’s no reason to expect it to be anything bad, although it’s understandable to want to be on the safe side!

I’ve always had that now and again and never worried about it. Actually, when I say “always”, my earliest recollections of it are years and years before I cycled much at all, although it was around the time I used to ride horses.

I guess changes in behaviour down there would be more worrying; and just because it seems normal to me doesn’t mean that it’s OK for others or even for me myself :wink: Get it checked out if it worries you but don’t panic about it, I don’t think that’s called for. There’s no reason to expect it to be anything bad, although it’s understandable to want to be on the safe side!

Bad case scenario. You have to bring a rubber donut to school with you to sit on during class. You won’t look too cool to the girls of course.

I am kidding. I am sure you will be ok. Cheer you up with a joke.

[I]Roger walked into a crowded doctor’s office. As he approached the desk, the receptionist, Peggy Sue asked, “Yes sir, may we help you?”

“There’s something wrong with my dick,” Roger replied.

Peggy Sue became aggravated and said, “You shouldn’t come into a crowded office and say things like that.”

Why not? You asked me what was wrong and I told you."

Because" replies the receptionist. “You’ve obviously caused some embarrassment in this room full of people. You should have said there is something wrong with your ear or something and then discussed the problem further with the doctor in private.”

Roger walked out, waited several minutes and then re-entered.

Peggy Sue smiled smugly and asked “Yes?”

“There’s something wrong with my ear,” Roger stated.

Peggy Sue nodded approvingly and smiled knowing he had taken her advice.

“And what is wrong with your ear sir?”

“I can’t piss out of it,” Roger replied.[/I]

Lance Armstrong, did not have prostate cancer he had something called a “germ cell tumor.” I know this because my son also had the same tumor. A “germ cell tumor” is really the same thing as testicular cancer. It most often occurs in males around the age of 2 years and again around 18-20 years. It is hard to say if Lance’s cancer was caused from bike riding. Most of the time there is no known cause for this type of cancer.

My spouse is in full agreement on this point. I have been really to get a new unicycle lately, but every time I mention it in casual conversation to my wife she gives me a funny look :frowning: I’ve tried to explain to her that $600 is really not too much to spend on a one wheeled motorless vehicle but I haven’t been able to convince her yet.

I know that “look” quite well.

“You already have (insert current number unis owned) unicycles! Why do you need another?”