is it worth it getting a 24"?

why would you swap wheels for the 29" but not for the 27.5 inch? Isn’t that tire specific - a knobby tire or road tire.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have a 29" with road tire, but then I do have a 32" which has the road tire. Took it for a spin yesterday about 20km and somehow it gave me some problems mounting it. Probably because I had been riding smaller wheels in the last month. I like from the 32" that it is very agile. It turns easily on the asphalt and isn’t as slow and heavy as a 36".

Now I leave the road wheel on the 29 and use the 27.5 with the big tyre for muni.

The main problem I had swapping wheels on the 29 was the different rim widths between the road wheel (older 42 mm? KH rim) and the wide muni rim (cutout 48 mm KH) meaning I had to refit the Maguras each time I swapped. More trouble than it was worth. (The extra 29 wheel and tyres came with my Triton 36/29.)

I got a really good deal on a virtually new KH27.5 not far away from home. The rim looks even wider but I have not actually measured it.

Agreed! Got mine out last night after weeks of 29" with handlebars and big tire. The 32" is very agile, and feels very sturdy. I guess the 125mm hub helps making it very rigid.
Now I’m having second thought about putting the Schlumpf in there…

Be my guest. I sold my schlumpf. It was not for me.

My ride tonight was the first time on my 29 road wheel in a long time. I went back to a 26 after a bout of illness and the 29 still had the muni setup.

Quickly got used to basic riding especially as the 26 has 114 cranks while the 29 has 125s. Much the same ratio. The lower rolling resistance and more efficient power transfer impedance was very evident. The timing felt a bit odd over the tricky spots.

I noticed mounting that I often landed my foot where it would be better placed for the shorter crank. I find that surprising since I assumed the aim was all about foot-eye coordination with the pedal I was looking at.

32 inch rim x 125 mm hub would have the spoke geometry of a conventional 26 wheel so very solid. With big diameter wheels the 100 mm hub (80 something at the flanges) can reach beyond ideal especially if adding an inboard disk.

The wider hub puts the rider’s feet further apart. Whether that is good or bad depends on the rider.

100mm wide/narrow hub

I’ve been riding my old 100mm schlumpf 29" with inboard disc (only) on the road for about 4 years without any problems. no loose spokes, no out of normal flex for the stock frame. Maybe lucky!

Yes… and no. On mine, I have Zero Q straight cranks, so all in all it’s probably about the same as a 100mm hub with KH cranks.

yay the 24 Quax was delivered at 11:00. Then built it up right away and just a lunch, since I have to work, rode 30 mins in the park with it. It is a nice size to ride, but the seat isn’t everything. And it is too warm to ride. Im sweating like a something