Introducing... (the bar has been set)

My build is coming along. Most parts are in. I went with an 80mm rim to give me more tire flexibility. Rim laced on one side; waiting for spokes for other side. Waiting for disk brake and macaroni 'n cheese duct tape for rim strip. Then, all I’ll need is a frame!

I tried straddling the tire – wow, is it wide. I think I’m going to be bow-legged.

Killian, looks like you have a fairly pronounced upward saddle angle. That seems to be recommended for the KH Fusion Zero. You find it comfortable for the Freeride?

Yeah I crank it up as far as it’ll go. Feels the most comfortable to me.

Tried this. Not bad. But I broke a spoke. Clearly, shifting the seat position breaks spokes!

Actually, it’s the upper side of the legs that seem to get irritated. Broken spoke is good excuse for time to carve some foam out of the sides of the saddle.

Checked the mailbox 3 times today for spokes. Nada. Can’t wait to finish the wheel and mount the 2XL.

Curiously, what’s the secret and advantages to having saddle pointing way up? On road, 36er, I have it very slightly angled up, but on muni, I ride pretty low and I’m leaning forward. Even though it feels like better control, but if I have the saddle pointing up, my nuts eventually pay a huge price when I inevitability boink…

Hmmmm…I’m just presuming you eventually get used to the angle and your body naturally avoids the boink. Just as I UPD with my 36er handlebar, now I never bash my legs as I once used to…:wink:

Ok, I think I had my Killian moment yesterday. Check out the track in this picture. WTF?! Too small to be a snow mobile. Maybe something from Mad Max? If you look closely, you can see my conventional mtn bike pencil track on the left.

My first winter ride was super fun, but brutally hard with regular tires. Conditions were a couple inches of mash potatoes covered with a breakable crust. With my regular muni, I don’t think it would have been possible. So is this what we’re talking about? I’ll be able to ride this with my fat muni, floating on top instead of breaking through the crust?

It makes it easier to get my weight on my sit bones.

Cliff, riding snow on a muni is totally different than snow on a fat bike. If the snows not too deep it’s doable but a lot of work.

Two wheels are still king (but so passé).

Just measured my 4.5" snowshoe on my fat bike & it comes in at 29.5" in actual height. Hope that helps.

Yes, set… but as I have said in the thread about the Oregon’s replacement. Something is coming… :slight_smile:

Roger

It’s just vaporware until I actually see something. :wink:

Could be a Yamaha tw200 : )

For vapourware it rides really well. I have been testing it for the last 4 days at Coed y Brenin. :-p

Roger

Surely you’ve been on the internet for long enough to know the Golden Rule: Pics or it didn’t happen :smiley:

ok… didn’t happen.

Wow!! Im in love!!

Hmm…

Very interesting design. Any flex in the crown area where the seat post is?

I am glad you are in love. That is a nice thing to be. Flowers are always a good start.

Pictures of vapourware is good, the last one was Josh’s test platform. I have been testing 29+ setup.

IMG_3766.JPG

No flex, the most rigid frame I have ever ridden. It is sooooo much fun!

Big advantage is that there is masses of leg clearance, so you don’t go catching the frame under any conditions I have found.

Roger

How does the weight compare to the current oregon frame? Will that still be produced?

Thanks for the pics and info.

Forget coloring it, I ll take it raw;)
Does that death grip come with it too?

It is vapourware… so weigh’s nothing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, it is lighter.