INJURIES "Today I..." Thread

I think it is time for a thread where you can tell us all about your unicycling mishaps. I thought of this as I was sitting in the Blenheim A&E.

I managed to put a nice big gash in my right shin when I was attempting to jump mount while dragging seat out back. I didn’t really think it through and it was the first time in weeks that I hadn’t worn my 661 veggie wraps.
I jumped on, foot slipped, metal pin went through flesh, and left this…
:roll_eyes: I think I will always wear my shin guards from now on

Ouch. That looks so familiar. I did mine on Good Friday. Get well soon.

Had surgery yesterday for labral tear and bicep tear. So now I know to not single hand a tree limb to stop while headed down hill, especially with the side that had been previously injured in other sports.

Image_00001.jpg

I’m wondering if anyone ever got injured from their T7 handle?

I got the exact same gash, I just bandaged it up, but was later told I should have gotten stitches. It was late, and I didn’t want to hang out for hours in the emergency room.

I’m wondering if anyone ever got injured from their T7 handle?

It just seems like a UPD off the front could really hurt.

No, I never ended up getting hurt off my T7. It’s pretty skinny in the front and never clipped me during a UPD. On the other hand my T7 has gotten hurt as a result of me. I’ve snapped it at the front plate twice. After the second time I was done with it. I hacked it up a while ago and made a new custom handle instead. It’s great! Thanks Corbin. I’m glad my T7 is gone, it’s a crappy design. Good thing the new KH T-Bar handle is out. It looks amazing especially compared to the T7. I just ordered one, and I still can’t wait. It’ll be here on Wednesday, and I’ll write a mini review on it when I ride on it some.

As you can see on my avatar, i had a little accident on my unicycle. I was riding my nightrider 36 and started going down a small but steap hill too fast and last control and bailed backwards. It’s actually only a small scrape by my elbo that bleed a lot down my arm, but it made a cool picture :slight_smile: