In the giving mood....

hey guys bike island still has kh’s for real cheap.
I just order my wife a 29" and me a 24":smiley: :smiley:

I don’t know much about the rest of the economic talk going on here, I just know I wanted these cycles and this is the cheapest i’ve seen them anywhere.:wink:

"Actually, supermarkets have a 2-3 % markup "

That’s beautiful however bikes and unicycles (of quality) are not sold in bulk or in supermarkets because they are niche. My KH uni’s are niche, my Ventana mountain bike is niche…they’re not sold in a 10-pack at Sams. Like I said dotCom’s do not sell for 1% markup and bike shops do not sell for 1% markup and dotCom bike shops do not sell for 1% markup. Everyone has overhead and 1% doesn’t cover it (unless you have a monopoly and do massive sales numbers like Wal-Mart).

Hell when I worked for a bike shop doing their online web catalog even I didn’t get 1% markup.

ALSO…hey if you’re in Key West right now stay safe dude!!! :slight_smile:

Right on dude…I’m gonna want to try out that 29’er sometime this fall! :smiley:

I can’t find the kh 24 how do you do it??

you stop bumping this thread and actually read some of it:)
Unicycles are under accessories then accessory kits.

Thanks

but Ive been checking the prices and I can get a better price elsewhere :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I hope so b/c they only ship to the lower 48.

well im only 30 min from the border so no bigy

What does being niche have to do with anything? Unicycles are mass produced non perishable items that fit easily in a small box. They are ideal for the Amazon warehouse type business.

A niche item (that only 1 in 5000 people will buy), is the perfect candidate for a warehouse internet sales operation. It is the exactly wrong type of item for a walk in retail store, because unit sales volume is so low, and overhead so high in retail shop.

I confess I made up the 1 % number (it was suspiciously round). But the real % markup New Egg can charge is determined by what their competitors are charging. You can be sure that their mark up is in the very low single digits. It is not a question of greed, but rather a competition in cost cutting efficiency. If you have the high price you don’t get the sale.

Because these monster warehouses are out in the middle of nowhere, shelf space is super low cost. There is no problem carrying a low volume niche item, selling a few unicycles a week takes a few minutes, and is just as profitable as anything else in a box.:slight_smile:

Hurricane wise, it rained a lot earlier, but it never got very windy, and it is calm now.

If they hadn’t told us, it would seem like a normal rainy day. Maybe another band will come by later, but it really seems like the storm has passed.:slight_smile:

Also the hub is blue, not black like the 2008 models.

But that’s a really good deal. A nimbus with moment cranks is just about the same price. I’m tempted to buy another KH20… but it is indeed strange that they have no blatant links to their unicycles in the navigation.

yeah man, I allready had one, its smooth. we’ll definatly have to hook up in the fall. thanks for tip on the good deal uni,s by the way:)

With all the talk about this site and its prices, how soon do you think it will; take for it to fall apart like aebikes did?

I just got my KH24 from Bike Island. It looks like it is the 07 model, but for the price, I aint complaining. If it was good enough for everybody else last year, it’s good enough for me.

STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD!!!

somebody is jealous…and grumpy :stuck_out_tongue:

got my 24" and my wifes 29" today, all is well, $833 at my door. the 29" came with the kenda nevegal and double hole cranks; the site said single150’s and the wtb stout, definatly not complaining :smiley:

btw, sorry hobo chuck

congratulation!! yay you:p:D;)

sorry hobo:p

Bonus! Good stuff.

07 or 08 model for the 29?