Impact or Nimbus?

Hello, after some years I’m planning to change my Qu Ax muni 20’’ for something better. I’m looking into a Nimbus Equinox which I like more because is prettier, Impact Reagent and Impact Gravity. But tell me if someone has some experiences with each of those three unicycles. I really don’t know what to do.

I have the Nimbus II 20" (one step below the Equinox, I would guess from the price.) It’s a very solid uni and I’m happy with it, but I would assume the Impacts are better given that they’re almost twice the price…

What kind of riding do you do?

I bought the Equinox street for a few reasons:
-It is light.
-I am tall and the Equinox has a long neck
-I wasn’t going to subject it to massive drops, not at my age
-It is a nice hybrid for street, trials, freestyle.

So far it’s holding up great. Another poster passed on a second-hand concern that the Equinox was more difficult to ‘control’ than a KH 19". I don’t have any experience with the KH, so I can’t compare.

Equinox will suit most of your needs and it is really light. On the other hand though, the crown of the equinox frame is terrible for hitting your knees on. Also in my opinion the cyko lite tire sucks but that can be changed. Impact reagent and gravity are pretty much the same except for the crown. The reagents crown doesn’t quite get in the way as much but if you aren’t doing tricks that require square crown I don’t see a point in getting it over the gravity. The difference between the nimbus unicycle and the impact unicycles as a whole is that the impact ones are pretty much top of the line for stock unicycles. The extra price is giving you superior strength while retaining low weight.

I’m doin’ mostly street/trials and learning some flatland trick here and there.

Thank you all for your answers. I think I’m goin for a Impact, but I just have to decide which one. :slight_smile:

Cool, let us know what you decide on. I’m looking to get an Impact as well in the near future.