I'm skeptical about the benefits of a big wheel specific handle...

I think of the gear-carrying aspect sort of a value add, but not a primary reason for going with a handle. Although I’m quite happy with where it allows me to place a bell (just under the seat, behind the handle). Generally speaking, anything I attach to it will probably get broken (on my G4, I went through multiple lights, computers and bells). For a computer, I now use a wrist-top GPS (when I care to track statistics). I’ll still use a camelback, but I like the water bottle holder since you can use it for an alternative beverage (gatorade, coffee, beer).

I’m not convinced you actually use your larynx as a bell.

The value of handles really comes into play on multi-day tours. You become grateful for the different places to put your hands and different ways to shift your weight.

Ding! :stuck_out_tongue:

I like my T7 handle. On my usual training ride (25km) I normally do not dismount since I have the T7. I have no discomfort from sitting on these short rides.

The part that extents to the rear is not usefull. I banged the inside of my thights with it at the beginning when mounting and dismounting. Now I can handle it, but I still think it is useless.

Hans

Me too. The best way to reduce saddle soreness is to ride as fast as you possibly can. If you’re doing this successfully, you’ll be too out of breath or otherwise strained to notice any saddle discomfort. :slight_smile: Of course this has its limits, and probably applies better to races than to multi-day tours.

Doesn’t it weigh the same regardless? But if comfort isn’t a problem, no need to worry. I do like having a bottle cage on my Wyganowski handle also. Though I use a Camelbak for longer rides, if it’s only a couple of hours or so, a bottle is enough. No sweatty back!