I was on my local news

Athlete of the Week on my local news show.

the video seems to play in more of a slideshow, I’ll be getting a hard copy soon to put up later.

Whoa, that’s wicked James. Good story!

Thats awesome, can’t wait for the hard copy so i can see the actual video… hehe

Very cool

Cool vid. It was great meeting you at RTL, I am sure I will see you at future unicycling events.

Its funny how every reporter I have seen gets the same idea: to try out a unicycle and fail on screen.

would love to see it, is there another format?

Not at the moment. It seems that the reporter that did the interview is out of the office for a couple weeks, so I might not be able to get the footage for a little while.

no audio? at least none I can hear…

EDIT: never mind…

I’m sure we’ll meet up again at some point. :slight_smile:

One of the cool things about the whole interview was that they found out about me through one of the local newspapers on a website. Usually people call in and nominate people for “Athlete of the Week”, but they approached me all on there own. They called me at 1130am and came to my house at 6pm the same day and put the story on TV the next evening.

how can you stand that much q in your cranks? it would feel so weird to me. congrats on the story thingy though pretty awesome.

I’m just used to it, I guess. I used 102s for most of the race. I used some 125s without the Q for some parts, but I didn’t use them enough to really notice much difference with the Q.

I dunno I guess I’m just super sensitive to the q in cranks, if my cranks are even offset by a few mm I feel it in the ride for a while, I have a bent left crank right now that’s driving me crazy. haha

I’ll notice when the crank is actually bent. As long as the pedals remain horizontal, I’m fine.

really slow website. You’d think Rogers would be trying to showcase broadband.

Congrats on making the news.

Awesome, well done on getting on the news. How come they came to you instead of someone nominating you? Had they seen videos of you or something?

They saw an online newspaper article on me and I’m in the area of one of their local studios.

Oh hey, I forgot to post this: http://www.vimeo.com/1384691

The dub they sent me was really quiet and I haven’t been able to figure out how to boost the volume, so you might have to crank your volume up to hear it.