I want my unicycle as light as possible

No, no, no!

You’ve all got it wrong!

What you really want is the heaviest unicycle possible! Fill that tyre with Argon! Build that frame from Lead! Hollow tubes? No way! Solid lead bars!

This extra weight in your unicycle allows greater compression of the tyre, giving you an extra ‘push’ when you are starting your hop. I garuntee you*, this will increase your hop height by at least 3 INCHES!!! :astonished:

-Matt

*I garuntee you that I in no way garuntee the validity of this claim.

Cannondale bikes have only one fork leg on the front wheel

Durring the gas sortage in america (either that or a war), all comerical planes were forced to strip the paint off there plains to save on gas.
for real

I could only hop 40cm until I removed the frame and tyre. Now I can hop a whole 3 cm higher! I can’t ride around but you can leave the pedals on so I can pedal grab.

It’s the future.
AndyC

Knowing maestro8 and the nature of this thread, it reminded me of THIS ONE that I started a while ago in JC. It had some fun responses from some thoughtful and clever people. Joona made a post in it that has a particularly appropriate link.

or you could completely dissassemble your unicycle, buy a pogo stick, and then pretend the pogo stick is a uni.

better get a pretty comfy seat

Re: I want my unicycle as light as possible

Helium in the tyre, and in the airseat. (I’m surprised that no-one
said it yet, but maybe y’all realise too well that this has been
beaten to death.)

Attach helium balloons.

Have the pope bless it.

or just ride a BC

BURN!

Valve cap!

A valve cap is TOTALLY dead weight.

hey… a (moderatelly) original idea that just might work (compared to the other ones in this thread :). as for too much force on the bearing, it’s been done with mountain bikes.

The difference is that the Cannondale Lefty fork has bearings on either side of the hub, while on a unicycle since the hub and spindle are the same thing you could only have a bearing on one side, considerably off center. you would need a whole lot of lateral support or some sort of huge crazy hub to do it. I would put it at not reasonably possible for a useable unicycle.

here are some pics of the Lefty :

NOOO, we don’t need another Yoggi :wink:

Peter M

yeah, we can hardly stand one!:smiley:

try wearing one of thoes propeller beanies (but add a large motor so it lifts you like a hellicopter):slight_smile:

If you want to make your uni lighter, just get rid of the seat entirely

Put a handle on top of the post cause thats all trial riders need anyways…

I scrapped my new unicycle and made one out of string.

It is Uberlight!

string.bmp (245 KB)