I want my unicycle as light as possible

Re: I want my unicycle as light as possible

fill the seatpost with vacuum.

…max

Do you have any idea how much that bit of the brain weighs?

John

for the lightest uni possible, go out to the bin… and turn it into an ultimate wheel!.. oh yeah… cutting the seatpost down can help… if its too tall

Have a tiny infant ride it for you.

Free fall

Take your uni to the International Space Station where it feels like zero G due to the state of orbital free fall. You will need some special tires with small suction cups in place of knobs, and several million bucks/euros/rubles to launch from Russia. Think of the loads of new uni skills just waiting to be invented in zero G.

cant belive u actually said take the paint off HAHAHAHAHA it’s gonna take like .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 lb out if your lucky

:roll_eyes:

what you dont think so ?

Jeez, just skip the whole unicycle altogether. I gaurentee you’ll be able to jump MUCH higher.

Has anyone attempted to make a frame with only one leg? It would cut off a little less than half the weight. Or would that just be too much force for the one bearing?

To be fair, I can’t sidehop more than 30" on my feet. I can do 37 on my unicycle. For running hops, I top out at about 42-43" on my feet, and about 37" on my unicycle. So no, that’s not necessarily the case.

Max, you’re a fool.

probably too much force to have a 1-sided frame

the Canondale Lefty bike fork can do it on one side, but that’s because it connects to a large axle, not to a bearing

Oh ok. I thought I had heard of a bike fork with one leg so I decided to put the idea out there.

i got the best way, you just have to ride the worlds smallest unicycle, you know the one thats like 8" high, and has a wheel the size of a nickel, only to save weight cut it down to 6"

just get on steroids…

A cannondale Single fork carbon fibre frame 12" trials unicycle with 2 spline titanium hub and crank set, 67mm cranks. Plastic pedals, rim, spokes and seatpost. Seat is handle only. Who needs to sit down anyway?

12" ! ? what rim would u use ?

custom built

and ppl say Im dumb… on unicycle.uk… u can buy a 24" frame made out of carbon fiber…

You say that, famously in the fourties (i think) a team (may have been mercedes) racing at the Le mans 24 hour race had their car weighed and found it came in just over the limit for the race, they scrapped the paint off over night, applied one coat of thin clear lacquer and had it under the weight limit by the start of the race the next day. Ok now a car is a lot larger than a uni frame but still, you never know. Or you could just work on your technique a little of course. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Apparently it was Merc, but in the '30s and not at Le Man but another european long distance race. Hence they were known as the Silver arrows and their F1 cars are silver (in part) to this day.