I really need to get a computer for my Uni.

Today I think I rode about 15 miles. Althoguh when I loked at the bike path map it looked like my planned ride would be about 6 miles up and 6 miles back. But rather than 6 miles each way, it turend out to be about 11 miles, but the only way I know this is using mapqiest drving directions so the distance certianly isn’t accurate. I certianly wasn’t ready for a 22 mile ride.

After I turned around at the end of the path I was going to try my best to make it back by Uni. However when I passed the bus terminal, I gave in to my saddle soreness and cut about 7 miles out of the total distance.

But of course to figure out my distacne I had to do a bunch of mapquest searches. I need to just buy a computer

Calculating your distance is not going to alleviate saddle soreness- except that the time spent installing the computer and playing with it will be time you are not riding (not adding to soreness). Computers are fun for a while- it’s nice to know your max speed and total distance and stuff, and it’s good if you like challenging yourself for time/distance, but the novelty wears off after a while and you just stop looking at the computer (or I did). It’s not quite as convenient as having it on your handlebars like it would be on a bike, unless you have some big handlebar rig like the wyganowski extension thing which lets you see it while you ride. Anyway- good luck with the computer- and keep riding and you should build up your saddle resistance.

Go buy a Shwinn 2 button computer from Wal-Mart for $10. They work great on a unicycle and the price can’t be beat :smiley: