I Hate Unicycle.com!!!

every time i order from unicycle.com they screw it up and send me the wrong thing :angry: … are they stupid or something :thinking: and i live n canada and its not cheap to be sending all this this crap back im sick of this BS… then i phone 1 800 unicycle and the guy dosnt under stand me and dosnt help me at all! maybe none of this wouldnt of happend if they sent the right stuff once in a while

yours truly, Mevs

So? Take it up with them.

did you read my post? the guy dosnt under stand me

First of all, this is a thread which should probably have been started in the Just Conversation forum. It’s somewhat inappropriate to start a thread just to flame a company or individual in the RSU forum.

Secondly, you have opened yourself up to the retaliation of many who realize what a great service unicycle.com has provided for the unicycling community, how fantastic the individuals are who own the place and work there, and how hard it is to do everything perfectly in a high flux market with a rapidly growing company. I would like to be the first but I realize you probably have a valid complaint and are frustrated.

Finally, if you do have a valid complaint, keep calling, (or e-mail them if they have trouble understanding you) try to get your re-shipping fees reimbursed (it’s not your fault if they ship the wrong thing) or try another retailer and, if you find a better one, by all means post that in the RSU forum. It seems to me that you’re making a private issue unneccessarily public here.

And so your reason then for spamming this board with angry comments directed towards unicycle.com is…?

One time they sent me a wrong sized tube, I called them back, they sent me the right one and said I could keep the other one for free. It doesn’t get much better then that. I’m not sure what you mean by saying “the guy dosnt under stand me”, but if you clearly explicate the reason for your dissatisfaction I’m sure they’ll help you out.

Hate is a very hateful word.

Yeah, that sounds like a problem alright. Try calling again, it’s a different person a lot of the time. Maybe you just got stuck with an idiot…
But if calling them didn’t work, then try E-mailing them. Or on your next purchase say something in the comments box about it, I dunno… E-mailing them would probably work best.

if you hate them so much then dont buy from them, there are places on the island to get stuff, or you can go to cambie cycles in vancouver, there are a few other places in bc, or get someone to drive you to seattle, there are a numder of people on this forum from there who will know where to go.
edit: but i do agree, i have heard nothing but good comments about unicycle.com’s service, just keep trying

Dont forget Bedford unicycles.

They offer quality equipment for a good price, and there in Canada so you wouldnt have to pay duties on goods.

There are other options besides unicycle.com and they have fast freiendly, knowledgable service with a delightfull canadian accent.

Mike
Bedford Customer

many see language as a medium to communicate while in reality it is used to spread confusion.

So like harper suggested write them an e-mail in plane -eh- plain English, so they can read it it in their own
brain-speed
(and give them the choice wether to reply, or to send it to trash-bin without leaving you with a nasty Dail-tone).

Adventual you may ask them to Cc the ‘just conversation forum’ to: a] make us laugh, or b] make theirself ridiculous

I have done an awful lot of business with Uni.com and I have never dealt with a company more dedicated to pleasing their customers as they are. I’ve had a few orders messed up from time to time but in my opinion, starting a thread to blast them was not the best way to handle things. I can understand being frustrated but if “the guy” doesn’t understand you then ask to speak to someone else. If it was not your fault, they will take care of things at their expense.
John and Amy Drummond are wonderful people and really don’t deserve this.

• Frank

Re: I Hate Unicycle.com!!!

Well said, Harper.

“harper” <harper@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:harper.yib9l@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com
>
> First of all, this is a thread which should probably have been started
> in the Just Conversation forum. It’s somewhat inappropriate to start a
> thread just to flame a company or individual in the RSU forum.
>
> Secondly, you have opened yourself up to the retaliation of many who
> realize what a great service unicycle.com has provided for the
> unicycling community, how fantastic the individuals are who own the
> place and work there, and how hard it is to do everything perfectly in a
> high flux market with a rapidly growing company. I would like to be the
> first but I realize you probably have a valid complaint and are
> frustrated.
>
> Finally, if you do have a valid complaint, keep calling, (or e-mail them
> if they have trouble understanding you) try to get your re-shipping fees
> reimbursed (it’s not your fault if they ship the wrong thing) or try
> another retailer and, if you find a better one, by all means post that
> in the RSU forum. It seems to me that you’re making a private issue
> unneccessarily public here.
>
>
> –
> harper - Old dog, no tricks
>
> -Greg Harper
>
> B L U E S H I F T
>
> “… is it better to have the seat too high, or too low?” -supertones
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> harper’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/29407
>

Well, I have to come to unicycle.com’s defense. I know them, and consider them friends. If they messed up, they will take care of you. I have seen them do things, I would never do as a business owner. In my experience, they more often than not go the extra mile.

I have a company that does quite a lot of shipping, and I can assure you that as hard as it is for a customer in Canada to get products from the US, it is much worse for the American business to ship to Canada. On the other hand I can order stuff from Canada, and have none of the problems that occur when products go to Canada. It is frustrating for both the business and the customer. It is unfortunate that they screwed up your order, for you and especially for them. Not only are they not going to make money on the sale, they will most certainly loose money. This does not include the many orders they ship that end up getting refused because someone has to pay import taxes and a brokerage fee. I am almost to the point were I refuse to ship anything to Canada. The fact that they continue to ship to Canada in-spite of the likely hood they really don’t make any money shipping there says a lot to me.

As for buying from Bedford. I met Darren at the NAUCC and he is a great guy. For $3US he put flame stickers on my UNI and hundreds of others. If he has what you need buy from him, he will likely treat you as well as unicycle.com would, and you won’t have all the extra expenses with international shipping.

Just keep in mind, it is Christmas and likely the busiest time by far for unicycle.com. They are going to make mistakes rushing to get everyones packages out before Christmas. It certainly isn’t their intention. If they could prevent it they would. Unfortunately these things happen, and I am sure they are working a lot of extra hours over the next few weeks to ensure people who are waiting until the last minute to buy gifts get them on time. It is a tough balancing act.

If for some reason they are not understanding what your problem is when you call, send them an e-mail. They are sure to make it right if they messed up.

I haven’t yet had the need to order from unicycle. com because I have bought all of my goods from Bedford. But I agree with everyone because every bussiness makes mistakes with shipping once in a while , and your not being able to handle this mishap in a reasonable fashion isn’t going to help you any. If I were the one you were badmouthing I would promise you a nice long wait for item, nothing personal . :smiley: ha

chill out this is supposed to be a friendly place for unicyclists for chat to unicyclist don’t take out your probelms on us, unicycle.com is a brilliant place noboby and no where’s perfect my KH seat came from there and if i get some money for xmas so too will a lovely new shiny 20" nibus xxx frame for my little uni

I don’t see a problem with posting a complaint or a rant about a business here. I welcome such posts because it gives people an idea of how well a business services its customers, and it helps the business to correct whatever problems may exist.

Certainly the original poster should e-mail the business to resolve the apparent problem, but I don’t see how that addresses his complaint/rant that the business didn’t do what he expected in the first place. We rant about other things, so why not businesses?

I’v never had a problem with Unicycle.uk.com’s service- always friendly and helpful. Got a dodgy hub once that bent, but they refunded me for P&P and fixed it for free so I can’t complain!

Also, I don’t know where most unicyclists would be without uni.com. And I can’t see how posting stuff like saying how much you hate them is going to get your stuff sorted any faster. If I worked at uni.com and read this, I’d probably lose your order forms and put your complaints to the very bottom of the filing cabinet.

I think the vast majority of people here are huge supporters of the sites, so it may not be a great idea to go slagging them off- if you have a problem- fair enough, but post about it in a mature and constructive way. If it’s that big a deal, then shop elsewhere.

How anyone can even REMOTELY hate unicycle.com is unfathomable.

Quite.

We’d probably be riding some really crappy uni’s. And most of the people posting here wouldn’t even be riding I guess.

I don’t know if this is relevant or not, but according to his profile uni-2-death is only 11.