I found this intresting...

WOFT, the post wasn’t aimed at you just at everyone who posted here. You never said that the Qu-ax was as strong as a cotterless hub, you’re just stating facts. The UDC dealer writes what the company, in this case Qu-ax wants it to say, UDC doesn’t pay for the warranty but Qu-ax does. Compared to the yellow hub this is a light hub, but the yellow one is pretty much overkill. I’m pretty tired and cranky in case you havn’t noticed haha, but it just pisses me off when people go the Qu-ax is as strong as a cotterless hub.

i don’t know much about it, but I’m thinking this:

1. aren’t there different grades of chromo?
  2. any axle w/ a HUB around it IN THEORY is stronger.
    3)could they be selling the Qu-ax flawed hubs in the US to get rid of them?

edit: and an ISIS setup HAS to be stronger than a cotterless hub of similar materials … its bigger around.

Ok lets clear up one issue:

Anybody here break/ bend a qu-ax isis? If so what bust and how bad? How hard was it used? Has a KH withstood the same amount of stress?

Ah, I didn’t think of that.

Haha - I may have picked it up in your posts! I can understand how it pisses you off. Compared to the cotterless hubs I’ve ridden, the red isis is waaaay superior (in my humble opinion, based on personal experience:)) I have not ridden on high quality cotterless hubs though. Hopefully any myths about the red hub will be dispel. I’m still happy with the hub - the price is very good for it’s quality, strength and weight, and thats important for the majority of people who cannot splash out on the most expensive, bombproof equipment.

Dispel the myths!

i can guarantee the last one. I took my Kh off an 8 foot high wall trying to gap a patch of grass (didnt make it), stuck it and rode off, my uni is as good as it was b4 i did it.

Well my friend has the 07 KH20 and we do the same size drops (4ft-5ft) and they are the exact same feeling when you land…I find my Quax Cross is very solid.

i hate to bump this thread but i just noticed that MDC describes the Red ISIS hub as a strong ISIS hub.

Here

el yake 014.jpg

Whats that?

I e-mailed UDC (UK) about this a little while ago and a guy called ‘Miark’ replied to me. From the e-mail I’m under the impression that the RED ISIS hub is perfectly adequate for trials as it is used on the QU-AX trials uni (NOT THE CROSSFIRE).

sent:

reply:

I hope they change the warning to clarify that the cranks are lightweight, not the hub. that is one of the reasons for all the confusion.

Egon said he would replace my bent red isis hub - so, I assume this means that it is not supposed to bend under the conditions that I used it All in all, great customer service from Qu-ax:)