Howdy from Houston TX

What’s your name? Mike

Where do you come from? Just north of Houston TX

What is your experience of unicycling? I turned 40 in spring of 2021 and for some reason decided to learn to ride a unicycle. I bought a 24” club and managed to figure out how to ride in periodic training sessions stretched out over six months.

This past March I got a 29” nimbus muni. The 29” is a lot faster than the 24” and I’m enjoying taking a unicycle on the trails. No hills here but lots of trails with tree roots that I have to navigate. Looking to improve my skills and currently working on making tight(er) turns and trying to stop the unicycle and then bunny hop to get over obstacles.

7 Likes

Hello Mike. Welcome to the forum. Small world. I am in Pinehurst, which is just slightly north of Tomball. I use to live in North Houston.

My bad. You said you are just north of Houston. I have gotten so use to the term North Houston that I didn’t catch my mistake.

I live in The Woodlands so I am close to you. I haven’t come across any fellow unicycle riders when riding. When I’m on the trail I get a lot of feedback, mostly encouragement from mountain bikers and confusion/stares from hikers.

1 Like

Welcome MikeB. Nice to see another Texan here. I live just outside of Tyler just a few miles away. Like you, I am getting into unicycling a bit later in life. It is encouraging to read about your progress.

Best wishes.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.