How Many is 2 Many?

Yea, if you just have a couple unicycles, then your safe for awhile.
But when your sitting at home and thinking about which uni to ride, then you have to many (though, that would be nice). :slight_smile:

I have 11 unicycles, but 5 people in my family ride them also, and one is still learning to ride. But my brother and I being more avid riders than the rest of the people that ride in my family, ride our giraffe, coker, off-roads, and freestlye more often.
If you were to add to your collection, think about which type of unicycle would be most interesting and used by you.

–Jon–

The giraffe…size does matter, heh. jk
usualy the giraffe scares them away, they think you’ll fall on them.

Hey John…could you give us a number or estimate, heh???

–Jon–

I’ve got 2 unicycles. But I only ride one. The first one is an old Schwinn, but after I got my Muni I realized the seatpost on the Schwinn is way too short for me. So I only ride my Muni. I want a freestyle unicycle for Christmas. Eventually I will also want a Coker, giraffe, a nicer Muni, maybe a trials. Only time will tell! :slight_smile:

Nikki

“Coker, Coker, Coker” -Scott Kurland

All I can say is that one is definately not enough. :slight_smile:

I’m still learning the basics (like turning, although I found out over the weekend that I can ride off curbs just fine), and already I’m lusting after unis far more advanced than my wimpy little 24" Torker.

Mmm. Coker. Mmm. Muni. I’ve even got a 26" rim I’ve set aside for an ultimate wheel. Perhaps I should invest in armor before I get another uni, though. :slight_smile:

-Jon

Yes, good question, ‘how many is too many?’; I had one to learn on four months ago, that quickly turned into two, two months ago - hey come on, I had the 24 for commuting and it only made sense to get a 20 to play around on. And now I am seriously putting together my best combo (budget and needs considered) for a third uni: my MUni.
Will three be enough… I sure hope so as the uni’s live under the kitchen/bar counter and the counter is only so long…

Erin

I have one uni, and probably wont get another for quite a while, I’ll just keep improving this one till I cant do anything more to it. Down the road I would concider getting another uin, probably a 24" muni with the biggest tire I can find. But I’m cool with just having 1 uni for now.

I think 5 is probably where I say you’ve got too many uin’s. I can justify having

A 20" trials or freestyle
A 24" muni of sorts
A 700cc Touring or a Coker
and a Girraffe.

But more than that I have problems making excuses for why I would need another uin. But I can see the argument you have to have the right tools for the job, and like anything there will be collecters who have a ton of stuff.

Chex

Two is not enough. I have two but have owned three. I gave my old savage away to spread the joy of learning to ride. I have a 24x3 Muni which is a joy to ride to work, through the snow, and on trails. I just aquired the onza trials uni which is great fun. Oh my is it great fun.

But… As I said two is not enough. I am now saving up for a coker, and the thoughts of a nice freestyle have recently entered my mind. Plus I’m trying to design a hybrid uni but that wont be ready for about 2 years. So four is enough, for now.

• Sal

interesting thread

i’m on three at the moment
the 20" noname brand freestyle(ish) i bought at first
the 24" noname brand freestyle(ish) i bought the next day because i couldn’t find a saddle post that would fit the neck of the 20 and the 24 had an extension on
the 5’ giraffe

i’m also in the fortunate position that they have all paid for themselves
since i learnt to ride over x-mas last year, i’ve had a bunch of opportunities to ride my uni and get paid for it
at the moment then i’m a couple of hundred Rand (our unit of currency, currently trading at about 10c US :-{ ) up and would love to get me a coker
(refer back to exchange rate comment and realise that an imported coker will set me back about 3/4 of a month’s salary!)

:angry:

too much?
too many?
:wink:

i’m sure when it gets to a stage where a compulsion to buy more unicycles starts interfering with your ability to live, we’ll all agree that a line has been crossed
dont spend the rent money on unis and i’m sure everything will be kewl
too much of a good thing being MARVELLOUS and all that…

:slight_smile:

Thank you each and all for the responses. Very informative. I’m glad to know that its OK, even necessary, to have several.

In another thread the conversation keeps returning to Coker Lust. I’ve got it bad. It doesn’t go away.

Dang.

After I get that one I’ll quit…:wink:

Re: Ya, but…

The tandem, of course.

Re: How Many is 2 Many?

Harper wrote:
> MasterYoda wrote:
>> *
>> The giraffe…size does matter, heh. jk
>> usually the giraffe scares them away, they think you’ll fall on them.
>>
>> *

> “Coker, Coker, Coker, Coker…” -Scott Kurland

On reflection, Grendel really does double - on a bad day, triple - their
heart rates.

I’m thinking about a Muni and a deluxe Coker (or, if I can afford it/talk my
GF into it, the supervelociraptor, but…)

johnfoss wrote:
> If you only have two or three, it’s far too early to start worrying
> about how many is “too” many. 2 is not many.
>
> How many do I have? Well, a lot. But the garage ceiling is far from
> full, so how can it be too many? As long as there’s room… :slight_smile:
>
> You wouldn’t expect a road cyclist to use the same bike on trails that
> he would for racing, would you? So that’s two. And how about riding to
> the store to pick up some groceries. Nobody wants to leave a “good”
> bike outside, no matter how well locked up it is. So that’s three.
> All three are being used to keep you in shape, and reduce traffic and
> air pollution. It’s a good thing.

And technically, that’s SIX wheels the cyclists get…

How many I have?

20" freestyle/my first uni
24" UDC Max Traction I use for Muni
one 2,50 metres giraffe
one Onza trial uni (normally I use this)

How many is too many?
If you have enough money, NO LIMITS !

Which one’s best for picking up chicks?
The Muni, when you wear helmet, sunglasses, wrist guard, elbow guard, knee guard, shin guard… and you’re riding down a steep hill, and a girl on a mountain bike is watching you…

too many?

i’ll always want what i don’t have and i’m proud of it. its in human nature dudes…

i’ve had 7 unicycles throughout my past. broken two of them, sold one, in the midst of repairing two.

giocologgi,

Ah, Bologna! Molto Bellisima. Loveliest Wife and I would love to Uni with you on our visit to Italy. But we’ll have to wait a few years…Two college tuitions stand in the way.

(you have touched upon another desire.) Ciao for now.

I was reading this and thinking about how many I really have. Quite a lot but still not enough.

Sem 20" with narrow pashley hub for freestyle/hockey
Pashley 26" with DM saddle for muni (modified with canti brakes)
Small (3’) and large (6’) home made giraffes
And a whole load of UWs, all home made… (Mk1 27", 26" freestlye/muni and a couple of lightweight spoked prototypes)

I need…
A large wheel or geared uni
A new muni
A new 20" hockey uni

How many do I have… IThink its 5 of mine and 2.5 that I share with Paul.
Then Paul has 4 of his own

So thats mine
8 inch mini giraffe,20 for hockey, 24 old one, 26muni, 36 coker
Pauls
20 old one, 20 for hockey, 26 muni, 36 coker
shared
700c comutter machine ( I’m useing it every day at present)
26x1 racing wheel
monty wheel
one frame shared between those two wheels.

How many is too many?
More than that. We have enough unicycles for now, but not too many. I had too many T-shirts so I junked some, I do not have too many unicycles.

Sarah

As I have been discovering over the last few days (see my seminal post on the subject! :roll_eyes: ) they are two very different things.

A 700c is graceful.
A Coker is stately.

Two very different beasts.

Think of a 700c as a big 24, not a small Coker - even if the cranks are shortened to the same %.