How is this stuff not in the X games?

Once G-unis are affordable… Just imagine what will be possible.

i cant believe some of you guys are actually ripping these people. these people obviously like scootering,and are very good at it, i bet they didnt just get up one day buy a scooter and backflip on it. they will have practised hard and taken a lot of falls to learn to do that so stop acting like its an easy sport because it probably isnt, no sport is easy in getting to a high level.

Also just because there sport is different doesnt give any of us the right to rip it, look at our sport, most people think we are clowns but when we show them what we can do they appreciate the sport for its difficulty and its uniqueness. give these scooter riders a chance to progress there sport and what they love doing, where would unicycling be if Kris holms family had ripped him and told him he wasnt doing a real sport, basically unicycling would still be in the circus somwhere. Im not trying to start an argument here or trying to be harsh but give other people a chance.

Personally i was amazed as soon as the guy did his first flip, doesnt mean i want to go try it. The guy can do a double backflip on a scooter but Skrobo jumping over a truck on a unicycle amazes me more. Anyways i know most of you wont read this, but just let them do what they want to do and dont rip them for it thats all im saying. peace out :smiley:

Hang on… I’ve heard this a few times, now is it a joke or not? Did that guy actually jump over a truck… I know its impossible… so is it a joke? Or is there something to this I’m not seeing?

skrobo jumps the truck in this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=o9f-iDbrEw4

Oh I see… Thats kinda missleading.

I wouldn’t say he jumped over a truck. I would say he jumped off of a ledge the same height as the truck, which would naturally carry you the distance anyway.

Re. Micro Scootering, Im not knocking them but, isn’t that just a crappy rip-off of bmx?
I reckon just about everything has an extreme side now, I mean, take a look at some of these:

Extreme Pogo Sticking
Extreme Wheelchairing
Extreme Wheelbarrowing
Extreme Ironing

I bet theres loads more!
edd

I don’t know if this has been said yet, but I think there is a reason for the scooters they ride. One being that is sport doesn’t seem popular enough to get equipment for the extreme styles of it yet, not many people want to produce something special for a small group of people. All the “dirt” scooters I have seen would be way to big to pull of a double backflip, they are just to heavy. I also thing they prefer the skate wheels, since they do ride smoother. Its just like how unicyclist used to use freestyle unicycles with the seat up there bum it was so high to ride “trials”, well hopping up steps and such.

That dude kicks ass.

Wow, every sport is obsessed with backflips…

The pogo was cool, they always look like fun.
The Wheelchair was pretty sweet, always cool seeing people living life to the full.
The Wheelbaro… the closes thing to us one-wheelers maybe… That was a load of shit haha. Some of it looked cool…
The ironing was a joke.

Nope, extreme ironing is actually a sport. http://www.extremeironing.com

Edd

unicycling and extreme ironing:

lol

of course you can’t jump up from the ground over a truck… i’m just curious why you’re so negative about it?
the distance from the ledge to the far side of my truck was close to 9 feet…

micro scooters, i don’t like… i’m not saying any more about that

oh, and one more thing, thanks pkhodgie :slight_smile:

That was the funniest thing i’ve seen in a long while (wheelbarrowing and ironing). I’m happy to be a unicyclist after something like that.

As for the scooters, yes they did do a little makeshift competition at the X-games already. I’m hoping to do that this year in San fran (of course I would either be alone or with one other), I know the lady that casts for it and she knows what I can do, so i’m hopeful. But more on, did you see some crowds in some of the clips in that scooter video, it looks to me it’s getting the attention it deserves. Only a matter of time now. I think scootering is a bit easy (explanation follows). I remember awhile ago I saw a video of that skill and it was almost as if it was out of no where. No other video really. Let’s be real, unicycling is even close to that at all in “bigness, flashy moves” but could we ever be? So it looks as if the mechanics are easy (for that skill to be out of the blue) it would just need no fear. These guys are doing the same tricks as those bikers that take a lot of “pro” time to learn. I say “pro” time because for those guys they don’t have jobs, all they do is bike. They have much more time to practice more likely. I’m sure those scooters make some money, but it’s no career yet. I think it’s silly. But some tricks I really good. I’m not really impressed with all the platform whips since the object is super light and it wouldn’t take much force to spin it around. Same as flipping the cranks forward twice or thrice when rolling forward.

-Shaun Johanneson

Well said, it’s a shame nobody else can see it that way.

Not being negative, just saying that it wasn’t really a jump over the truck. More like just a gap from the ledge, which would take you the distance which just happens to be enough to clear the truck.

If that makes sense. Lol.:slight_smile:

Edd

Skrobo, don’t take this. He’s saying your shit, and I heard him say something about your mother too. Tut, tut Edd.

Scootering is pretty cool, quite a laugh to try. Conner Helser (spelling?) can do some pretty cool stuff. I learnt to 360 and tailwhip at WuKo, that was with Conner giving me a hand. Guys got skillz.

Cheers.

[QUOTE=swarbrim]
Skrobo, don’t take this. He’s saying your shit, and I heard him say something about your mother too. Tut, tut Edd.

[QUOTE]

that made me laugh
welll played, but it made me think too, is there any other way to possibly jump over a real-life-size truck on a unicycle? if so, i want to try it.

No, no, nooooo Mike. That was your mum I was talking about! :stuck_out_tongue:

Go for it Skobro. :slight_smile:

Edd

Haha wow I don’t know what to say. I guess I have to have respect for them but at the same time it was just so goofy. I mean, their grown ass men on scooters.

When I think about it, this is cool and all, but I would think that a unicycle has MUCH more on a razor or micro scooter that you could find at Toys R Us. Or whatever it is they are riding if it isn’t one of those. I mean, its cool and all, but as unicyclists, we can take sets, do wallrides, grind, and do most of the things they do, with the exeption of backflips, and getting big air. Some people might say that makes all the difference, but has anyone ever seen someone on a scooter jump 118 cm?

… Me neither… We can ride around town and get places people with scooters cant [trials]… they cant jump off benches, onto a rail, and ride down it. We have all the street aspects that they do, + a useful ability, that is fun, and can be used anywhere, just like street, but it opens more doors to the sport.

They only have like two types of the sport… Vert, and Street. We have Trials, Freestyle, Street, Muni, Coker, and Flat. The only thing they have to match us is Street. We have 4 more styles than them.

Although we cant go “Biggish” with the unicycling as Shaun said, We have aspects of the sport that other people are in awe over, other than street. People may call it gay, retarted, or whatever insulting word they come up with, but if they could magically learn to clear a truck, or grind a 10 set with a unicycle, then Im sure they wouldn’t say no to that. Its just the fact that all these skaters and spectators have their “rep” to deal with among other people. I mean seriously, if you are good at it, and can crankflip an 8 set while people watch, no one is going to make fun of you, but if you are just learning, then yea, people wont have a clue what is going on with the sport, and they will question if thats as good as it will ever get.

We have other aspects of our sport, and a different definition of “biggish”. And if people saw someone clear a truck on a unicycle, they’d call that big too.

Pfft, a bike can go higher and more tech than a uni and it has more styles that makes what I ride better yeah! Whoo I’m going to compare what we do to everything else because I think we have something on that sport. I mean haha, they got theirs are k-mart and toys r us.

Give me a break, no sport has anything on another. We all ride what we like, everything has their own disciplines and tricks that are very hard to learn, you can’t really compare by saying we can get up a bigger wall so out sport must be better! Bikes can go way bigger than uni, do you mean that going up a 4ft wall on a uni and a bike the same level? It surprises me how much the people here bitch about people not excepting uni as a sport, calling us clowns, writing it off as easy and laughing at us yet you do the same thing. I have no clue why everybody is so obsessed with comparing what we do do everything thing else. We ride unicycles they ride scooters who gives a damn.

Also, there are ways to take that little k mart scooter and make it much much stronger. Also who says they have only two styles you? Do you know much about extreme scootering? Maybe they have freestyle and flat just like us.

It’s time to stop being smug assholes and except that people like to do a sport for reasons other than how big of a wall they can get up, or how many styles it has, if that were the case we would all be on bikes.