Holy Grail of Suspension unicycles. HA! EUREKA!

Let me ask you something. Did the past idea work at all? Was it ever built? If not, how will this new, unreleased idea be smaller, lighter, and work better?

Why are we now frequently plagued with the next great technical contributions to unicycling but no one can talk about them or show diagrams of them? Geared cranks and suspension frames that are so secret they exist only as empty threads with no information and no promise of fruition?

here, i’ll clarify for your ability, and for everyone elses knowledge. Let this be known that these are my ideas, and please dont steel them.

My first idea was never seriously built. I was going to build it, but it took way too many parts. The gear system was just really really big and was too complicated.

I simplified this idea into a gear system thats going to be the length, and height of 1 and 1/2 playing cards. The new design is far different. You dont understand also that the piston shocks will act as a frame itself really.

the new system still requires a shock on each side, as well as a gear system for each side, but it works really really small.

It takes 1 gear on the axel, another for the crank, and another for the chain tensioner.

just a warning, the chain tensioners are going to have to be extremely tight, possibly to the point of serious drag when pedalling.

Wow. Now at least I know one thing I don’t understand. I wonder what a picture of what I don’t understand looks like.

Great idea but will it work? Because doesn’t all your weight have to be on the saddle. The suspension will act as if there is no weight on saddle and make you wobble-ride or fall off unless your great at uniing!!

Have your parents explain it to you :slight_smile:

Well, yes, there were a lot of problems with that design. My new system (which i’ll probably get around to making sometime soon) has no flaws. I mean, I feel close minded and arogant to say that, but it seriously has no flaws at this time. When i think something could be wrong, its not possible.

Ahaha. I just got it. TWSS

aha. the problem with that is the wheel will wind up, and not give suspension. sorta like a roll of paper, and when you hold the inside end (when rolled), you can move the outside, and wind it in a lot, until its packed together.

ooh, that was so much fun that I got rid of it very soon after I reviewed it!

suspension

I think you can do it as you plan, and probably for the $50. Here is my version and it did not cost very much and I just cut and welded until it looked right. I really like "HUGO’S+ Idea about the chain and swingarms and would like to try making that!

really cool unis you got there can you post some more info about how you made this? or is there already a topic about it?

did you modify something that already existet or designt it all your self?

sorry my englichs is bad

@lobbybopster: Feel free to make it. I don’t reserve any rights :slight_smile: It was only a weird idea that I had months ago.

Just to be sure: I am assuming that we talk about this

True suspension

Yes this is most cool. I thought my MUNI’s were cool and worked but the floating wheel is really the correct method of suspension.

Hugo I am inclined to put the drive on one side to the wheel and jack shaft it at the pivot point to time the pedals correctly. This is what I see on your drawing. Strenth for hopping is my concern with a split pedal shaft.

Unibikeling the idea of the floating wheel is genious.

Now I need input from the rest of the community to really make it the best of all your ideas and post photos of the resulting contraption. Hope it’s not one of these!

lobbybopster. That is awesome. I want to buy a 24 incher. Could you make another? Roughly what would be the price?

Uni Purchase

Drumstic, How much? To be honest the only thing I bought was the shock sock cover. Everything else was lying around broken or no longer used. I’ll have to think about this, but it’s not out of the question.

Okay. Can you pm me with your email? We can then maybe work out a price. I can’t seem to contact you this way.

Cheers.

PM’ed you.

Cool! I just grabbed my photos off my cam from muni weekend. I met lobbybopster briefly. His uni’s are super-cool.

now sketching out plans for my suspension uni. Looks good so far, all it is is just showing whats going on. I need it for tomorrow in metal tech.