High shipping costs to hawaii

We’ll just have to start a system that every time someone goes to Hawaii (or other place with high shipping costs) and has some spare luggage allowance, they will be required to bring unicyles over.

OK, here’s the deal…I would MAYBE be able to save you $50 if you were interested in a KH-24 or a KH-20…however my shop owner thinks it would be better for you to go through a local bike shop rather than dealing with us in North Carolina OR even dealing with uni.com in Georgia. Reason being that if something is wrong with your uni or a shipment is wrong you will never have to pick up return shipping and additional shipping expenses, which of course you would if you bought directly from North America.

I have found two shops in Hawaii that can get you stuff from uni.com at a good price through corporate partnerships the same way I can at my shop. I seriously suggest you make all future purchases through one of these shops. Just mention to them that uni.com is part of the YaYa Bike partnership and that you would like them to get a uni/parts/price list in from unicycle.com so that you can order through their shop. Naturally they are going to tack shipping onto the price BUT it will likely be less than you would pay as an individual. Also if they are interested in customer return they will do their best to get it for you for less than you would pay directly from uni.com. Lastly it is always best to support your local bike shop(s). By buying from them you are still sending profits to uni.com BUT you are also supporting your local store and assuring their future existance…plus your customer service is right down the street instead of on the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

I think this route will be the best for you as a consumer…here are the shops to talk to…

==================================
Barnfields Raging Isle Surf & Cycle
66-250 Kam Highway
Suite B
Haleiwa, HI 96712

Owner William R. Barnfield
1-808-637-7700
www.ragingisle.com

==================================
Island Triathlon & Bike, Inc.
569 Kapahulu Ave
Honolulu, HI 96815-3855

Owner: Frank Smith
1-808-732-7227

Good luck, let me know how it goes and if I can be of any help in the future just ask…

Sounds like a great idea!

Zod,
Thanks for looking all that up. I know where one of those shops are. I’ll stop in one day and talk to them.

Daniel

awesome, zod. i could not have asked for a better answer.

now all i need is the dough to actually get a KH or coker… so it goes.

USPS rates to Hawaii more reasonable

I’m no uniist; just someone who stumbled onto your ‘04 query after typing "cheap hawaii shipping’ into my search engine.

In case you haven’t solved the problem, try:

A. Seeing if the vender will ship USPS Priority. Its a lot cheaper than UPS or FedEX, and as fast or faster. Many vendors will use USPS.

B. If they won’t, look for a vendor that will.

C. If no luck, the cost difference is considerable, and I can wait a week or so, I have parcels sent UPS to a mainland friend who forwards it to me via USPS Priorty. This especially effective for lightweight parcels.

Happy shipping