Hey, Unicyclist! You were spotted!

On a related note, I saw my first unicyclist (a club rider) the otherday, that was my first encounter with a rider who wasn’t riding with me.

I was in my car.

All I did was honk (ready to wave), thinking he’d see me. Nope, I was just some idiot in a car honking at the guy riding a circus bike down the street :frowning:

You aren’t this anyways?

No, sometimes I’m not even in the car, I just run making honking sounds pointing at people

it wasnt me, but if we find out who it is, i call him/her/them. washington dc is my turf. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I did this to one of my friends the other day. He was waiting at a stoplight to cross, and I honked as I drove by, and he waved at me, but I could tell that he didn’t really see me. He was just doing the “yes, I have to wave at you or you’re going to think we unicyclists are stuck up, but I know you view me as a trained monkey” wave. I know the wave. I’ve done it myself.

no

that was not me but i live close rely to there and thats my age

Really??? I declare dibs :stuck_out_tongue: … Might have been James? Only person I’ve heard of around here that rides a big wheel round these parts. But then again I don’t hear of many people.

Hey I had a uni sighting once while on vacation down in Florida…good thing is 9 out of 10 of unicyclist prefer unicyclist.com so I easily found out who they were :smiley:

This thread is from 4 years ago!

bwahahaha! totally didn’t even notice, that’s awesome. tabler1010, were you going thru the archives or something?

He was probably searching for Washington DC riders.

ya about a couple of months ago i saw a unicyclist near toronto he was plaing a flute also coming of of a bus, if you know this individual please speak up. More information will be given if needed lol.

spotting on the C&O Canal in DC/MD

Buh-Bump!

My friend Aaron was riding along the C&O Canal towpath on Saturday evening (May 30). Near the DC/MD line, he says he saw a rider on a 36’er with a biker. They were apparently loaded for touring and heading north. Anyone here? James? Claude?

I suppose whoever it was is likely still out there, but maybe it was just an overnight tour.

Yep, it was me and Frank. I was on my touring bike carrying the tent and gear and Frank was on his 36er. We were just doing a 2 day 1 night trip, it was pretty fun. I would have been on my uni as well…but I’m training for my first self supported bike tour.

Bit of a vague one this…
Last Monday (20th July) I was in the Lester Pearson Airport car park in Toronto, Canada.
I was sorting out a hire car and there was a couple standing next to me waiting for the next car.
Something about the guy made my spider-sense tingle but seeing as no supervillains showed, I brushed it off.
It was only when I got my suitcase in the car and sat down to drive off that I realised what it was.
The guy was carrying a huge wheel-bag.
About Coker size.
I banged my palm on my forehead.
Really, what else could it be?
A wheel that big?
By the time I twigged they were in their car and off.
Now as nice as it is to meet another unicyclist, I wasn’t prepared to chase after them at ninety miles an hour.
That would be weird.

So, just wondering if this was you.

I’m glad you’re not really a superhero… I think we’d all be doomed with your skills of perception and reflexes!

Today on my way to work, I passed a gentleman coming the other way with a 24", or possibly a 20", unicycle with a silver frame.
We exchanged a big smile and a wave, and continued on our merry ways.
Anyone from the forums?

Yesterday I saw a unicyclist riding a red Nimbus 24" on the sidewalk in the Dinkytown area of Minneapolis near the University of Minnesota. Anybody?

Encountered a teenager(?) riding down the sidewalk along Nørrebrogade this evening.
I was too surprised to ask him about his other wheel…
Anybody here?

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=14551

This poster is accusing me of perpetuating the Crime Against Humanity known as Apartheid and the forum moderators are taking no action.

What is your view?

Send word.

GILD.