Help needed!

I received my nimbus 36". I put it together and went out to try it out. I was able to mount it using a curb, but only one out of every 10 tries. Once I got it going it seems very smooth and not so much different than a smaller wheel. However, I left one of the brake pads loose and it was rubbing against the wheel, so all i could ride was about 100 meters and then the brake locked the wheel so i had to pd. Unfortunately I left my tools at home, so I decided to go back home and fine tune the unicycle. I adjusted the brake and decided to rest one day since I got very tired jumping to mount the unicycle.

Tomorrow Sunday I will try it again. This time I am going to try to execute a roll mount, since the curb mount with such a big wheel is very difficult. I hope I can nail the roll mount. It would be so nice to just be able to mount and ride.

The unicycle is beautiful and the kh freeride seat is very confortable compared to my sun unicycle. I am very exited and very tired. I can see why, since the wheel was braked, but at least I got to feel the magic of a big wheel.

New Nimbus 36

After riding the 36 something very strange happened to me. I kind of forgot how to ride since I was spending so much time trying to mount. By the time I got to ride my legs were tired. I decided to go back to the 26 for a while. I even got to mounting the 26 something I never even dreamed of before. Once I mastered mounting the 26 5 out of 10 times, I decided I should go back to the 36. It was a totally different experience this time around. I can’t free mount the 36 but I can mount it using a curb. I can mount with the curb every single time, and can ride as long as I want and even turn on the street with the 36. This uni is really a dream machine. Now all I have to do is master the free mount on this beast. I definitely welcome suggestions. I am 5’ 7" and 230 lbs. and the static mount seems kind of difficult… Maybe the rolling mount? Please help!!!

Help is on the way Terry mounting on a 36"

I finally nailed the mount on the nimbus 36. I put the pedal at the 6 o’clock position and then push the unicycle and jump on the pedal. I can mount one out of 10 tries, but sometimes I do better when I am not tired. I believe the rolling mount might be easier on this unicycle, but somehow I have a hard time getting the pedal at the correct position to mount. Any suggestions are welcomed. Remember I am 50 years old, 5’ 7" tall and weigh about 220 lbs.

I hope you are still riding your unicycle!

I have not seen any posts lately with updates as to how you are doing and how much you have improved. Please update us all! Things can get frustrating when learning, I am a witness to that and have experienced it in my own flesh. One day things are great and another day things are rotten… The good news is in the end it all works out!!!