Hello from Massachusetts

My name is Will and I’m from Massachusetts. I learned to uni back in February of last year on a not so great Sun Classic. Shortly after learning to ride I broke a bearing among other things while hopping, and settled on getting a Nimbus 26’’ muni which I use every day. I have since added a disc brake and swapped tires. I can now hop in all directions, idle, ride seat in front, ride one-footed, and go a bit backward (still working on that). I love all things unicycling, and have been lurking here for a few months before creating an account, and I’m glad that I finally did. Also, I would love to get a Schlumpf hub but I am too broke, so I think it might be cool to build a penguin giraffe instead. Anyways, nice to meet you all, and happy riding!

4 Likes

Hi Will. Welcome to the forum.
Bovine_Wine → aged milk → cheese?
If so, I am totally on board with your user name.

1 Like

Yep, you got it!

Chese? Tasty! When it starts crystalizing, it begins to be really delicious.
What are years of maturation for a good single malt, are months of maturation for a chese:
under 6 - not even ready yet
12 and up - starts getting interesting
18 and up - expect really great taste

Welcome to the forum, Will. Sounds like you’re making really nice progress. Enjoy riding and tinkering!

1 Like

I started working on backwards riding on my 26", before I owned my first 20". It was challenging, and the falls weren’t fun. When I got my 20", things got a lot easier. Maybe pickup a cheap 20" (or something nicer) and work on the bw. Nice progress!

Welcome and it sounds like you’ve made good progress