Hello from Massachusetts

My name is Will and I’m from Massachusetts. I learned to uni back in February of last year on a not so great Sun Classic. Shortly after learning to ride I broke a bearing among other things while hopping, and settled on getting a Nimbus 26’’ muni which I use every day. I have since added a disc brake and swapped tires. I can now hop in all directions, idle, ride seat in front, ride one-footed, and go a bit backward (still working on that). I love all things unicycling, and have been lurking here for a few months before creating an account, and I’m glad that I finally did. Also, I would love to get a Schlumpf hub but I am too broke, so I think it might be cool to build a penguin giraffe instead. Anyways, nice to meet you all, and happy riding!

4 Likes

Hi Will. Welcome to the forum.
Bovine_Wine → aged milk → cheese?
If so, I am totally on board with your user name.

1 Like

Yep, you got it!

Chese? Tasty! When it starts crystalizing, it begins to be really delicious.
What are years of maturation for a good single malt, are months of maturation for a chese:
under 6 - not even ready yet
12 and up - starts getting interesting
18 and up - expect really great taste

Welcome to the forum, Will. Sounds like you’re making really nice progress. Enjoy riding and tinkering!

1 Like

I started working on backwards riding on my 26", before I owned my first 20". It was challenging, and the falls weren’t fun. When I got my 20", things got a lot easier. Maybe pickup a cheap 20" (or something nicer) and work on the bw. Nice progress!

Welcome and it sounds like you’ve made good progress

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.