Hello from Austin, TX

Yet another beginner here! I started longboarding a few years ago as a knee-friendly alternative to distance running, and a more wrangle-able alternative to a bike for getting to the train station. I keep thinking about trying a onewheel for something different and to be able to go a little offroad, but prefer to be human-powered and to not have a fixed range… so thought why not try the original one-wheel?

I lucked into finding a teacher locally, started out on a 20" loaner, then ordered a 26" Nimbus II, and now I’m able to free-mount and recently for the first time made it around my 1/3 mile block without dismounting. Looking forward to venturing out further and starting to dabble in offroad!

7 Likes

Sounds like you got through the slog of early learning, and are now about to start enjoying the really fun parts. Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome, @unitortoise !

I will echo what Ryan typed. That first third of a mile will turn into miles soon enough!

2 Likes

Welcome @unitortoise you have indeed gone over the first big hurdles. It sounds to me like you are hooked! Enjoy.

1 Like

Hello, sounds like you are making some great progress keep going and you’ll be riding all size wheels in no time. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

It’s a beautiful day here today and I had a nice ride this morning. Wish i could go out and some more but my legs are fried.

Looking forward to my legs getting stronger and technique getting better so I can do more! Probably more the latter

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.