Grischa Muni Challenge

as Shasaar already anounnced in the news thread there will be next summer an epic muni event in Switzerland:

“Grischa Muni Challenge”

it’s a three days muni race in which you participate in a team of 2-5 members.
it will start with the check In in the Backpacker in Arosa at the 19th of august 2010, we’ll have dinner together and have afterward the first “riders briefing” where you got told, where you have to go the next day, and how much time you get. each team gets maps of the area and decides themself where to go and which cablecars and trains they use or not.
the judge will give the points: for distance, altimeters and difficulty of the trails you rode (tracked by gps). minus points if you don’t make it in the time.
second and third evening the same: dinner together, riders briefing.
on 22nd of august you’ll arrive again in Arosa (hopefully).

the fee will be 250.-- swiss francs including:
hostels with breakfast and dinner (3 nights), cablecars, and transport of one item of bagagge. also each team gets the gps for the three days!

our first partner is: einradshop.ch

we will take around 25 participants and i’ve got already about ten for sure, means you have to be fast :smiley:

we’ll make a website but for the moment registrations or questions:

m.buechel(at)koj.ch

More infos in english (translation may be not very proper):
(and on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000193563111&ref=name#/event.php?eid=183246772320&ref=mf

Expiry of the “Grischa Muni Challenge”

The start of the event is the check-in in the Backpacker (Downtown) at Arosa on 19 August 2010. After dinner, the first "Riders briefing” held. There, the Organizer sets the stage for the next day. This includes the trails, cablecars and trains that can be used and the time limit will be given in which the goal must reached.
Each team plans their next day-trip, using the maps.
Next morning the start will be at 9 clock.
The same happens in the following days, each in a different destination (Lenzerheide, Davos):
Finish, dinner, "Riders briefing and debriefing”, planning the route and the next morning start.
The routes traveled per team will be recorded by GPS, the data are always evaluated on the evening of the organizer and the status of the teams announced.
For the award of the Points distance, the altitude, the difficulty of the trails and respect the time limit is relevant. The team must remain in full during all three days.
Final is on 22 August to be back in Arosa and there will decide which team could collect the most points.

Participants

Participants can be unicyclist /-innen from all around the world. The teams put together themself. There is only one category. May be paticipate with any mountain unicycles (no matter what size, with or without gear, etc.). Is recommended by the organizer at least 24 ".
Maximum of 35 participants will be /-innen allowed.

Achievements and participation fees

The athletes themselves pay a starting fee of 250.-CHF, this includes three nights with half board in a backpacker in Arosa and the Youth Hostels of Valbella / Lenzerheide and Davos, use of mountain railways, transport from one piece of luggage from one stage to another, one set of maps and a GPS per team for three days.

Insurance / Liability

All participants must be in possession of an accident and liability insurance and take full personal responsibility for their health. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for various damages, accidents, theft and loss of personal property. Also, the organizer nor liable towards third parties.

we proudly present our logo (thanks to fido aka cedric):

sounds way cool! i want to go, but i don’t know if i’ll be able to afford the trip next year.

and now, we proudly present the website (thanks shasaar for the great work!)
http://grischa.i-corn.de/index.html

pop up again

hope to see you there:D

almost 20 participants!! a few places left!!

It looks like so much fun. I wish I could go! Unfortunately I have too many other things planned this year already…
corbin

now we’re full: 21 Participants plus David W. for two days and two supporters!

two are from the UK and two from the netherlands, the others mostly from switzerland, some from germany and liechtenstein!

It’ll be the first more day muni only race, in the wonderful alps!

we’ll ride about 8 hours a day, and the teams plan their own routes including cablecars!

now we’re working hard on the point system, but we’re almost done!

Ooh who’re the two from the UK? I only know of Joe Baxter. :smiley:

sorry for the late answer: steve colligan!

we did the first day, all six teams were great! in 8 hours they did between 1000-2000vertical meters uphill and 2000-4000 vertical meters of downhillt.

tomorrow we go from davos to arosa and further to lenzerheide!

some impressions you find here:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80901&page=9

Who are they? (I know of one guy who was considering to participate.) 2000 m of climbing is a lot, especially on a uni - great work!

Allard Antonin and Rene van Schijndel (but he didn’t show up, no idea what happened… :thinking:

but here what he and some others missed:

here are the pics from alle the teams and the first two days:
http://picasaweb.google.ch/einrad2/1GrischaMuniChallege2010#

and congratulations to the winners: Muniversal Riders!!

All the dates of all distance and uphill will follow. also more informations from the whole event from steve (thanks!)

GREAT PICTURES TURTLE! looks amazing, I’d love to visit there sometime. Do you know what the rim is here: http://picasaweb.google.ch/einrad2/1GrischaMuniChallege2010#5508295690257768898 on the Triton frame?

this is a short video of Valentin Bucher, he is ridin really impressiv tech. downhill,…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OEkbejN4Eo

hope you like that Stuff

greets Gregor

Yeah, I looked at all the 303 or so pics of the first two days (link given a few posts back), and this vid was just one of the “pics” so I saw it already. Amazing skills! From the angle the unicycle makes you can judge the steepness better than from the video itself, it’s really impressive.

1 pic: profile Muniversal riders first day

2 and 3 pic: profile team turtle second day

(red lines are cable cars, those vertical nad horizontal meters didn’t count of course, but here is all together, so you have to ake them minus from the total),

as soon we’ve all the statistics from the three days (km, vertical meters, and km in the three different categories (asphalt, gravel path, singletrail) i’ll put it in here (we had them for the first two days, so we already had a winner)

turtleiten first day:

muniversal riders day 2