Grischa Muni Challenge 2012 (3 days Team Muni "race")

Mmmmm … Looking forward to it!

Cheers Dave

1 Stefan Gauler Organizer
2 Adrian Iten turtleiten
3 Markus Büchel turtleiten
4 Jogi Pfender Muniversal Riders
5 Elke Körner Wilde Hühner
6 David Earp The Old Gits
7 Colin Earp The Old Gits
8 Sandy Ries Muniversal Riders
9 Stephan Kober Illertaleinradler
10 Manuel Klettner Illertaleinradler
11 Lukas Münznrieder Illertaleinradler
12 Steve Colligan UK
13 Scott Wilton ?
14 Paul Gregor L.I.B.
15 Rocco Schulz L.I.B.
16 Joe Baxter UK
17 Roger Davis UK
18 Johannes Burger L.I.B.
19 Nadine Wegner Wilde Hühner
20 Florian Kaiser Muniversal Riders
21 Sarah Nyffeler ?
22 Patrizia Imholz Inner Swiss Team
23 Armando Miesch Inner Swiss Team
24 Stefan Bieri Inner Swiss Team

Hi Turtle,

Please can you confirm where the start location is in order that I can start to think and organise travel arrangements.

Many thanks … Dave

We’ve got the first registration from an aussie! and only 7 places left!

Next Highlight: After the Fondueparty at 2500 masl we’ll do a nightdownhill!

People from overseas and UK asked about to possibilities to stay the night from sunday to monday in Chur. I talked to the guys from the “Just be nice” hostel, there you can get a bed (without breakfast for 35 swiss francs) or a smaller one with breakfast for 49.-. the easiest will be, when you book there yourself, if you’ve got problems with it, just ask us again! It’s perfect located for us!

http://www.justbenice.ch/hostel_JBN/hostel_JBN_facts.html

31 Registrations from 7 different countries: Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Australia, Unisted States of America, Danmark, Liechtenstein!

If you wanna be also a part of this unique Muni-event better be quick!

“we’ll do a nightdownhill!”

Brilliant !!!

edit: i’m so sorry i forgot zhe UK!! eight different countries!

1 Stefan Gauler Organizer
2 Adrian Iten turtleiten (Organizer)
3 Markus Büchel turtleiten (Organizer)
4 Jogi Pfender Muniversal Riders
5 Elke Körner Wilde Hühner
6 David Earp The Old Gits
7 Colin Earp The Old Gits
8 Sandy Ries Muniversal Riders
9 Stephan Kober Illertaleinradler
10 Manuel Klettner Illertaleinradler
11 Lukas MünznriederIllertaleinradler
12 Steve Colligan UK
13 Scott Wilton Oreamnos
14 Paul Gregor L.I.B.
15 Rocco Schulz L.I.B.
16 Joe Baxter UK
17 Roger Davis UK
18 Johannes Burger L.I.B.
19 Nadine Wegner Wilde Hühner
20 Florian Kaiser Muniversal Riders
21 Sarah Nyffeler ?
22 Patrizia Imholz Inner Swiss Team
23 Armando Miesch Inner Swiss Team
24 Stefan Bieri Inner Swiss Team
25 Manuela Arnold Inner Swiss Team
26 Mark Lavis Oreamnos
27 Iris Krenn Bike Direkt
28 Nicole Krenn Bike Direkt
29 Michael Bucher ?
30 StephanieDietze Team Horst
31 Lutz Eichholz Team Horst
32 David Weichenberger Team Horst
33 Jesper Andersen Team Horst

NEXT HIGHLIGHT:
Pic of the day!
each team gives one pic of the day to the organizers, they’ll choose the “Pic of the day”, the winning team of every day will get a round of “monstein beer”, the highest beer brewery of europe (near davos)
http://www.biervision-monstein.ch/

…for highest enjoyment:D

before we announce the next highlight, an other app (APPenzeller)to make the time shorter until the GMC 2012 (not quite the some region but typical swiss) my highscore after the first attempts: 1120! what are yours?
http://www.switzerland-cheese.ch/de/medienbilder/pressemitteilungen/news-detail/news/e-appenzeller-app-wirf-den-taler-schwing-das-becken/151.html

dear Friends!
Some statistics:
35 Participants
8 Females
9 Different countries
(Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, UK, USA, Danmark, Australia, New Zealand)

For your plannings: Start will be at Thursday 9. of august in the youth hostel in Valbella: http://www.youthhostel.ch/de/hostels/valbella
You can check in there from 5 pm and we will have dinner together (let me know if you arrive earlier or after dinner). We will hold the instructions etc. after dinner.

next and maybe last Highlight:
we have an other challenge for all Teams (but you don’t have to participate, it’s more for fun and maybe more for the teams they don’t “race” very hard):
King of the Mountain!
If you know “king of the Street”, this one is similar but not with videos. We have got about 50 different challenges which you have to take a pice of, for example: Rolling hop over a hiker or a cow-shit slide… :slight_smile: who’s in?

I booked all the hostels now, there are 3 beds left, if you wanna be part of the greatest muni event of 2012, you better be quick!

what a great weekend!

Congratulation to the winners scott wilton, mark lavis and tony melton!

all the pics are on facebook (markus büchel)

Great week-end! Thanks Turtle and the rest of the organising committee for putting together such a great event. Very well done, seamless and even managed to secure nice weather…
Now looking forward to some more riding in the Alps - Elsbet 2013! :sunglasses:

PS1: Looked for the photos on your Facebook account - did not manage. Are they there yet?
PS2: Do you have the final GPS data for the teams?

Cheers,

Teddy

Sounds like you really pulled off a great event. I wish we could’ve met up in Chur when we came through in early July. I also looked for the photos on your facebook but didn’t see them. I saw the ones from Roger’s team though.

Are you going to do it again in 2014?

—Nathan

here are the pics on my FB account: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.516008938415554.1710438.100000193563111&type=1

@gonzo: hi teddy, we had a little problem with the GPS data, and we wrked again on them… but you will recieve them this weekend per mail.

nathan: next year in the end of may we will have the “elsbet” (non competition muni event, lot of great riding in the alps) and it looks like we will run the grischa muni challenge again in august/septembre 2014!

Fantastic event again!!!

As with the previous Grischa, it was well organised from the start to finish. I can’t believe how lucky we were with the weather again too - lots of blue sky, but still not too hot. :slight_smile:

A massive thank you to Turtle (Markus) and Adrian for organising everything and sacrificing their participating so they could make sure everything ran smoothly. And it did run smoothly and efficiently!!! :):slight_smile:

Great to make new friends, as always; especially Colin, David and Teddy. Hope you can make it to the next one.

Turtle: is there any other way to view the photos, or just Facebook??

Steve

1 Like

Turtle if you go into album edit, then at the very bottom there is a special link. If you provide it, then everyone can see the photos even if they are not logged into FB.